Blue Test trickery or for real??!!!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 08-02-2010, 12:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ok Ladies, I know I should be smarter than this, but I have to ask.

I do nto get a normal period. I have not had one since April when I came off of the pill, so I have been testing every 4 weeks just to be sure. I came home from vacation on July 10th and bought a pack of blue dye CVS brand tests. (I know, I shpuld know better.. blue dye). The test I took the next morning was negative.

So yesterday morning I took the second test from that pack. It was less than 10 minutes, but nothing was coming up on the test, not even a control line, so I threw it away. I though it was faulty and I will just have to wait until my docotrs appointment Wednesday. Well last night I looked at the test again and it was positive!!!!!

So i ran out and bought a First Response (pink) and it was negative, but not FMU.

So the question is.... what should I think?? Negative right? Until the docotr tells me otherwise on Wednesday? I have to be sure because Wed. if everything is negative I will be going on Provera to start my period.

Please let me know your thoughts. I have never seen tests change, even after hours of sitting. Especially change from nothing to positive. And since it has only been 4 weeks, could it be that I am and its just too little of HCG to tell after 12 hours of drinking water????

working full time waiting for him to propose
#2 of 3 Old 08-02-2010, 01:15 PM

Until you confirm with a pink dye within the alotted time limit I would say negative, sorry. They give the time limit for a reason - because the tests indeed can change (falsley) just from drying (regardless of whether you've witnessed one previously or not). And especially if you didn't even get a control line with that test...sounds like an error to me.
That isn't to say you aren't preggo, but get a pink dye and only look up until the 10 minute mark.
Good luck!

Jenn (36), wife to DH for 13 years, DD1(13) , DD2(10) and DS(4)

#3 of 3 Old 08-02-2010, 11:41 PM

It could go either way. Test again in the AM. I know that isn't what you want to hear!

Mother to R- 2/09, & C- 5/11

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page