Do blue dye +/- get frequent false positives? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 08-07-2010, 02:27 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I doubt I'm pregnant, it would be truly surprising. On a lark, because they were cheap and I am supposed to get my period in about 5 days and like to feel sure about that, lol, I got a test. Didn't realize it was a blue dye or I wouldn't have got it. Anyway, an extremely faint line did show up within 10 minutes...but was much darker and noticeable after that. I know that lines after 10 minutes should be discarded, and I'm probably going to chalk it up to a crappy blue dye test...but I am slightly concerned.

Once, about a year and a half ago, I took a blue dye test (not the +/-) and IMMEDIATELY a positive line appeared...but then it faded after about ten minutes. Took another one right after, faint line that got fainter, then went out and got a pink brand and it was clear. Soooo....I know that blue dye is evil. Why are they still making them?

"Have faith in yourself and in the direction you have chosen." Ralph Marston

#2 of 5 Old 08-07-2010, 11:09 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yep.
Here's a good testimonial thread
http://www.mothering.com/discussions....php?t=1206310
I would buy a pink dye for confirmation.
good luck, i hope you get the answer you want!

Jenn (36), wife to DH for 13 years, DD1(13) , DD2(10) and DS(4)

#3 of 5 Old 08-07-2010, 03:23 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks, it's just so ridiculous that there is an actual LINE, within the time limit. It was blue, not grey or an indent or an evap. Ugh, I should have looked at the box before I bought it lol. I'm not to worried about it, seems like an evil false positive.

Thank you!

#4 of 5 Old 08-16-2010, 06:14 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yes, evil. I agree. Evil, lol.

My hubby had a vasectomy 5 months ago and due to some weird cycle issues, my midwife suggested perhaps I was pregnant and the vasectomy had failed .

So, ofcourse I go out and get the cheapest test possible and it turns out to be blue dye. TWO positives....obvious lines! So, I go to the free clinic, they do their test and say NOT pregnant.

Hopes up, hopes down, hopes up, not sure about what we want (don't get me wrong, we would be ecstatic about a baby, but it would certainly be a shock).....it was just a rollercoaster! So yes, blue dye is evil. And just for peace of mind, I am getting a blood test tomorrow and hubby is getting his "stuff" re-checked.

-T, Wife and Best Friend to R 3/2005; Mommie to E 8/2007; and G 3/2009

#5 of 5 Old 08-17-2010, 12:04 AM - Thread Starter

I was NOT pregnant. And the line was very definite, very blue, just light, and came up within the time limit. One of the sites w/pics had some pics of real positives and "false" positives of the blue dye and they looked the same lol. NEVER again.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page