Fibroids - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-10-2010, 02:35 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Does anyone else here have them? I developed one when pregnant with DS2 - my doc (who was a nightmare) refused to do any kind of scan for it or discuss it and said I probably had a tumor growing. Yeah, that was fun. Anyway, 6 weeks pp my new doctor (I changed docs at 39w6d, he was that bad) had an ultrasound done and it showed 2 fibroids. I had one ultrasound check a year later which showed them the same size and a mri of lower back a year ago showed them, still about the same size. The big one was 18mm by 20mm. It is not inside the uterus but in the sidewalls. I had not even thought about fibroids and ttc. Anyone dealt with this?

We will serve the Lord.
Married 19 yrs, DD 16, DS 10, DS 7, and two babies in heaven (1998) and (2010). Praying for peace and healing from our loss.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-10-2010, 05:52 AM

I have a fibroid. Ends up they knew about it before I was pregnant. I think that would have been prudent to tell me. Mine is small and attached inside towards the back. I suppose that is an ideal place.

They don't remove them because they cause severe uncontrolled bleeding as far as I know. I think it might also affect your fertility? When I became pregnant the fibroid was growing WITH the baby which freaked me out. Perhaps the u/s person was joking but said it would be like having twins if it grew right along said the baby. That concerned me but after a short point in time it stopped growing and stayed the same. It wasn't in the way of a vaginal birth either.

So I still have mine. I don't think they normally remove them until you are done having babies? I don't want to risk my fertility (it's fragile) so I will not worry about it. I do have rough pms but not sure if that is to blame, otherwise I don't notice it.
Old 08-11-2010, 02:00 AM

I found out I have a couple of fibroids last year. I had a miscarriage and went in to be checked and the u/s tech said I had fibroids. ???

Never had any symptoms or idea that I had them at all. Apparently it is very common. I went on to have another baby after that and didn't have any issues at all. TTC now and don't think the fibroids matter at all.

Hope that helps put your mind at ease. Seems like I read somewhere that red clover/red rasberry/vitex could help shrink them over time if the symptoms are bothering you.

User Tag List