First PP Cycle advice, possibly pregnant? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 08-13-2010, 03:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Alright so i have a 10 month old son and have yet to get my period back. I had some heavy spotting last saturday (so a week ago tomorrow) and thought it was the start of my period. I was at the zoo (lovely place to start your first pp period isn't it?) and i put a pad on but when i got home several hours later the pad was empty and there was no blood when i wen't to use the bathroom and none since. I guess i am just wondering what the return of others periods have looked like? I have taken a few pregnancy tests ( i have a lot of those 50 cent ones you can order online) and all have been negative. Do you think it was likely to be implantation bleeding or just my period slowly returning, or something else? If this was implantation bleeding how long should it be before i can get a positive?

I guess i am just nervous because 1)we are not sure if we want another child 2) we are not at a place to be able to afford another midwife attended birth and 3) I am scheduled to get an IUD next monday so it would only make since that i end up pregnant a week earlier !

Sorry for the rant...any input is appreciated.

Postpartum Doula mama to Tristan born 10/09
#2 of 3 Old 08-14-2010, 01:43 PM - Thread Starter

anyone?

Postpartum Doula mama to Tristan born 10/09
#3 of 3 Old 08-14-2010, 01:48 PM

First AF(s) PP can be really wonky, so I'd be inclined to think that is the culrpit of the spotting (given your negative tests). Now that being said, if you haven't been using any bith control and your fertility returns without your knowing then you could still be pg and it is just too early to test. Good luck, i hope you get the answer you want!

Jenn (36), wife to DH for 13 years, DD1(13) , DD2(10) and DS(4)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page