Mothering Forum banner

Can it take longer than the morning after O day to get a temp rise?

572 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  HulaJenn 
#1 ·
I was SURE I ovulated yesterday. I had positive OPKs Friday, Saturday, and Sunday morning, neg. by Sunday afternoon (my Friday and Saturday ones were positive in both AM and PM). My EWCM was on its way out and is dry today. I started getting mildly crampy yesterday morning, which for me often lasts from O to A. So pretty much everything was pointing to it. But...no temp rise. It was slightly higher than the previous day, but still right smack in the middle of the rest of my pre-O temps, not even close to where my coverline will fall.

Could I still have ovulated? Can it take a few days rather than having it go up right away? Is that a sign I may be lacking progesterone? Argh.

I know I'm obsessing about this and will know more with a couple more days of temps, but last cycle my temp didn't rise right away, and never really did, and I got AF 6 days after when I thought I ovulated and I'm STILL not sure if I actually did or not. But with no immediate temp rise or pre-O dip, I'm just looking for a little hope it could still have happened. Of course be honest though if you think I didn't. In any case that's all the babydancing that's going to happen this cycle. DH and I are so burnt out from the last week and if I asked he would probably just glare and me like, "Are you kidding?" lol

My chart link: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/283023

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.