Oh my gosh- start already! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 08-20-2010, 12:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ok, so I'm on month 3 (approximately) of waiting for my cycle to return. DS is 11 months old, and is eating some solids. He does still nurse at night.

But now, I am on three solid months of the 'day or so before' cramping, light spotting (though pretty heavy today), low milk production etc, and it's driving me NUTS. I could deal with the rest, but the impact on my milk production is angering my son.

Anyone have a very slow to return cycle following a pregnancy?

(I generally return to a cycle pretty quickly- about 4 months after my oldest as well as my second child.)

Also, nope, I'm not pregnant, just waiting for my period endlessly. Yep, I tested, though I knew the risk was almost zero.
#2 of 4 Old 08-24-2010, 01:55 PM

For both DCs

Nursed exclusively for 5 months
started solids at 5.5 mos (only tastes)
Nursed on demand till 2yo for both (so even when eating solids nursed on demand)
co-slept

got aunt flo back with both at 14 mos. And yes, had all the pms stuff too. Good luck!!

Julieknit.gif, DP to modifiedartist.gif, mama to DD (7)dust.gif , and DS (5)joy.gif

#3 of 4 Old 08-24-2010, 05:27 PM

I could have written your post for the past 3 months. I did finally get my first ppaf a week after DS's 1st bday party. But, I felt like I was gearing up for the whole summer. Really, I kept telling my sister every time we talked that I was getting all my ducks in a row. She got sick of hearing about it. Also, I had finally just resigned myself to lifelong PMS without a period (literally at breakfast on that day I said "I'll never get another period") and then I went home and surprise! there it was. So, maybe it really is right around the corner? I felt like I spent about 3 months with all the impending signs (well, they were off and on).

Kristin , married to DH , mama to DS 8/4/09 and EDD 6/24/11
#4 of 4 Old 09-06-2010, 04:46 PM - Thread Starter

Well, on the upside, it finally did start about 12 hours after I posted this. The downside is that it hasn't yet stopped.

Two weeks of this now!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page