possibility of pregnancy at 3 mos. pp? freaking out - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 15 Old 08-21-2010, 12:47 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
FWIW -I *know* that I can become pregnant even though my dd is 100% breastfed on demand day or night. But I would like to heaR about other maMAs who were in this situation. I'm in complete denial, not-doing-a-test-because-that-just-aLLows-for-the-possibility fraMe of mind.

I would be pretty distraught, mainly because I know my milk would dry up most likely. it did when i was pregnant with my middle daughter, but my son was 2.5 years old, and i was ready to wean him. but my sweet little dd is so young! i am just hormonal, weepy and anxious. Please convince me those are just the sign of impending AF and not pregnancy Did i mention that i was in denial?

I'm also crampy, and nauseous, but i chalk it off to anxiety. yes, denial.

SAHM to one moody son J hat.gif(06-27-03), one super-girly daughter M hearts.gif (02-23-06) and welcome Sophie! energy.gif(05-23-10) expecting fourth in July baby.gif

#2 of 15 Old 08-21-2010, 11:35 AM

Like you said, if you aren't using any back up birth control and DTD then there is always the chance that you can catch the first PP egg...but only being 3 months post partum, I'd say it sounds more like a form of PP depression/hormones regulating themselves so soon after pregnancy. Have you noticed any fertile CM? I'd say the chances are slim, but not impossible.
Good luck!

Jenn (36), wife to DH for 13 years, DD1(13) , DD2(10) and DS(4)

#3 of 15 Old 08-21-2010, 01:10 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
It certainly could be your cycle returning. No matter how ardently I adhere to LAM, my cycle comes back at 12 weeks pp. Take a test and put your mind at ease
#4 of 15 Old 08-21-2010, 05:17 PM

First, take a test. You are stressing now and if it is pos you will continue to stress but if it is neg, you will save yourself all that time.

When ds was 6 mo old, I still did not have af and we were not using protection. I started throwing up for no reason - not feel sick before, not feel sick after - exactly like morning sickness. I was not pg but I was really worried for a bit.

We will serve the Lord.
Married 19 yrs, DD 16, DS 10, DS 7, and two babies in heaven (1998) and (2010). Praying for peace and healing from our loss.
#5 of 15 Old 08-21-2010, 06:48 PM

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
FWIW, I feel that way for much of my first year PP! Seriously, it must just be my hormones trying to get back to normal, plus breastfeeding. I get every symptom of pregnancy a quazillion times & start freaking out about my milk drying up..... then they disappear again. Til a few weeks later.

I bought a ton of very inexpensive pg tests online a few mos. back. They were about 80cents a piece, plus I cut each one in half. That way I can set my mind at ease by taking a test a few times a month. Now that I'm 10 mos. PP, and still don't have my 1st PPAF, but still have regular bouts where I feel like I'm pregnant, I've gotten to the point where I can just roll my eyes at myself because it happens all the time.

Good luck with everything!

North Idaho rural living  mama to: 23 yo DD, 16 yo DS, 8 yo DS, 6 yo DS, 4 yr old DS, 2 yo DD, and 1 yo DS. And someone new coming this Christmas!
#6 of 15 Old 08-21-2010, 06:54 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
I got pg with my ds at 4 months pp after my daughter. Exclusively breastfed around the clock, no cycle started yet, etc. It does happen-sometimes sooner than that! Good luck, OP!

AP Mom to 5 knit.gifhomeschool.giftoddler.gif

#7 of 15 Old 08-21-2010, 09:28 PM

Wellllll- I have two 14 months apart.... and the younger was actually a little overdue... so.
#8 of 15 Old 08-22-2010, 04:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuba'sMama View Post
FWIW -I *know* that I can become pregnant even though my dd is 100% breastfed on demand day or night. But I would like to heaR about other maMAs who were in this situation. I'm in complete denial, not-doing-a-test-because-that-just-aLLows-for-the-possibility fraMe of mind.

I would be pretty distraught, mainly because I know my milk would dry up most likely. it did when i was pregnant with my middle daughter, but my son was 2.5 years old, and i was ready to wean him. but my sweet little dd is so young! i am just hormonal, weepy and anxious. Please convince me those are just the sign of impending AF and not pregnancy Did i mention that i was in denial?

I'm also crampy, and nauseous, but i chalk it off to anxiety. yes, denial.
Umm this is me right now. I could have written this post. DD was born 8 days before your dd. I'm getting symptoms and the bolded part is how I feel. I just dont want to spend the money for a test but want to visit a dr but then I don't. Ugh!
So I understand.

Wife to DH(10/02) Mom to DD1('03), angel1.gif('04), DS1('05), DD2('07), DS2('08), DD3('10) angel1.gif(08/11), angel1.gif (09/11). We follow Jesus, praying.gif, quiverful, homeschool.gif,cd.gif ,winner.jpg,familybed1.gif,femalesling.GIF, and we are a food allergic family.

#9 of 15 Old 08-23-2010, 12:16 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the replies everyone. I'm still too chicken to take a test, so... yea. Nothing's changed so far. i am thinking it might be postpartum hormonal stuff, but obviously i don't know for sure.

Jewellz, it's "nice" to know someone's in this crappy boat with me, lol. Here's to hoping for a happy outcome for both of us. Que sera, sera.

SAHM to one moody son J hat.gif(06-27-03), one super-girly daughter M hearts.gif (02-23-06) and welcome Sophie! energy.gif(05-23-10) expecting fourth in July baby.gif

#10 of 15 Old 09-01-2010, 09:09 PM

My DD was born 5/20 and AF is here! Especially annoying as I bled PP until 11 weeks- and she's not quite 15 weeks now!

Jen, L&D RN, CBE, CLEC who loves to knit.gif! I adore my modifiedartist.gifDP, treehugger.gifDD 10/98, & sweet new babygirl.gif5/10!!!
#11 of 15 Old 09-18-2010, 10:59 PM

I just wanted to interject I know a number of my girlfriends, my sister and myself had the same feeling 3m PP.

I became pregnant with D? (this one) I was 6 1/2 months PP.

My sister became pregnant with her second 4 m (just after thinking she was) be she supplemented and messed with (bc started than stopped)

my other gf tried after her DS was a year, others no seconds yet.

biggrinbounce.gifDS 10/09  sleepytime.gifDS 2/17/11 stork-suprise.gif Blessing #3 sometime 2/13

#12 of 15 Old 09-20-2010, 10:47 AM

most of the time... no, you wouldn't be pg so soon after giving birth, with exclusive bf around the clock (it's frequency of night-nursing that determines fertility).

however, my friend got pg 4 mo pp and she was nursing on demand day and night... you never know!

i'd poas already just to know for sure!

good luck!

Keri ~ Wife to dh Mommy to dd 11 whistling.gif ds 9 bouncy.gif  dd 6 1/2 kid.gif 
#13 of 15 Old 09-20-2010, 08:21 PM

I didn't get pg but also wasn't dtd unprotected BUT I got my first ppaf at 9 weeks and bled for 6 weeks post-partum. I got a whole three weeks off! My son was EBF round the clock and was a horrible sleeper and nursed at least 4 times a night (at 11 mo he nurses minimum twice in the night now).

cloth diaperin' mama to one little boy!
#14 of 15 Old 09-21-2010, 04:41 PM

I was one of the lucky ones that caught that first egg... I found out around 5 months pp that I was pregnant via blood test. I was 100% breastfeeding every 2-3 hours day and night and we were pulling out everytime we had sex (yes, I know... not good form of bc lol)... so yes, it IS possible. Best thing to do is get tested. Good luck!
#15 of 15 Old 09-22-2010, 03:50 AM

OP any update?

Resistance is futile Matey

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page