Ovulation and promiscuity? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 09-03-2010, 03:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm not sure if this is the best place to post this, sorry in advance if it's not!

I've noticed I tend to feel more promiscuous, I guess?, during/around ovulation. I don't mean I want to go cheat on my husband every time I ovulate. I just notice men more I guess. I have more sexual thoughts about random men I see on the street. I feel more flirty. lol I don't know. I've not been able to find too much infomation about this through google. There was an article or two about it though. Does anyone else experience this?

SAHM to my baby girl Ella (12/09) wife to the love of my life practicing/believing in
#2 of 10 Old 09-03-2010, 03:53 PM

totally!

My libido normally is normally non-exsistent, except around the time i ovulate. I know it, without fail, every month. Like you, i wouldn't cheat, but i have a lot more sexual thoughts and a lot of fansties. I am a LOT more sexual with my husband during that time as well (and most months, only those few days). I've never heard of anyone else, or any articles on it, but biologiclly it makes sense to me (it's the kick in the pants to try and make baby!)

~Kris mama to Alexis (15), Elizabeth (10), Andrew (7), and 1 angel
#3 of 10 Old 09-03-2010, 04:05 PM

This happens to me too some months. In fact I went to a wedding one night I o'd and you would have thought I was JLo or something strutting my stuff. I felt so sexy and was flirting up a storm. Luckily my hubby didn't mind and I just rolled with it cause it felt pretty good to feel so confident.
#4 of 10 Old 09-03-2010, 04:06 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Yeah, the only time I have any real interest in sex, or make a lot of dirty jokes or take things as euphemisms, is when my estrogen must be high because all signs point to fertile. Totally normal. DH loves such times.
#5 of 10 Old 09-03-2010, 06:04 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Yup, it's totally normal.

Abra, Married to George, Mother to DS 12/03 & DD1 08/09 & DD2 12/11.  We are planning our next adventure to South America in April 2014!
#6 of 10 Old 09-08-2010, 02:30 PM

Yep, scientists have been studying the phenomenon for quite a while. There are some good refs in this link. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1559901/
#7 of 10 Old 09-08-2010, 05:56 PM

Oh my gosh - yes!!! That's how I know I'm about to ovulate. Usually within a day/12 hours before I O, I get this way.

Haha it's a good thing I figured out what was going on; because I used to feel SO guilty about it! Now I just act flirty if I want to - DH doesn't care - he knows me well and get over it.

About the article:

I am highly satisfied with my current relationship; however - we don't get in enough time for UKW so I'm left with random flirting and fantasies.

Me,yummy.gif   DS, Peace.gif and DDdust.gif Grateful to the baby I lost for sticking around long enough to teach me what I needed to know so badly  candle.gif  We  love our forest valley home, our goats and chickenschicken3.gif, and wild harvested food-medicine coolshine.gif

#8 of 10 Old 09-08-2010, 06:14 PM

Yay for nature! LOL

Even pregnant I get it around the same time of month I would be ovulating (within a week after the new moon... so horribly in-the-mood right now though Im 39w1d pregnant!)

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#9 of 10 Old 09-09-2010, 11:14 PM

I haven't noticed myself becoming interested in a greater variety of people, but I have noticed an increase in my sex drive around the time I should be ovulating.

Here's a loosely related fun fact: Strippers make more money when ovulating.

I've also heard that a study has found that women vacuum more when ovulating, apparently due to some kind of nesting instinct. I hating vacuums (because of the sound they make), but I did once go nuts and scrub the bathroom walls when I normally ignore that sort of thing.
#10 of 10 Old 09-09-2010, 11:49 PM

I learned about this concept in college. It is a fact that women have a higher sex drive during/around the time they ovulate. Another interesting fact is that women are more attracted to men with scruffy facial hair, or any facial hair for that matter, during this time as well. It all goes back to our primal instinct to find a strong man to father our children. I know it sounds a little far fetched (the facial hair study), but studies have shown this to be true.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page