Just wanting to worry "out loud" - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 09-08-2010, 11:55 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I expected my period on Sunday and it still hasn't showed. Yesterday I started some very very light, brown spotting and if I check my cervix/cm I get some brown mucus. I have some slight cramping.
DS2 is 13 months old and nursing a decent amount, but it didn't seem to affect my past 3 cycles. (I took the IUD out in June) Each of those cycles were typical for me. About 5 days of bleeding (starting with bleeding, no spotting) and about 26 day cycles. I'm on CD 30 today.
Also, DH got a V in March. We got the all clear in June. I took my IUD out then because it had been giving me trouble.
So, if I haven't started bleeding by the time DH gets off work, he's going to pick up a test for me. Thankfully, he's excited about the idea of me being pregnant rather than upset. (and it never crossed his mind that he should be suspicious of me. Stupid guys at work started giving him a hard time about that though. )
Me? I don't really want to be pregnant again. I'm done with that and don't look forward to another fast/hard labor. But, what'cha going to do. If it turns out we made another baby, he/she will be very welcome. And although I don't really want to do it again, I'll be a little sad if we didn't. I feel sad for Dh since he has had a change of heart and there isn't really anything we can do about it now.

Leigh

#2 of 4 Old 09-08-2010, 05:09 PM - Thread Starter

Just wanted to update that DH brought home a test and it was a BFN. Not sure what's going on.

DH is rather disappointed. So am I for some reason. I really don't want to go through pregnancy again or do the newborn thing all over. I'm so happy that DS2 is a year old and moving past so much of that. Still, a bit sad over the BFN.

Leigh

#3 of 4 Old 09-08-2010, 06:31 PM

That has to be hard.

As for your DH's co-workers, shame on them.
#4 of 4 Old 09-10-2010, 10:37 PM

's I know how you feel. My dh had the big V almost 2 yrs ago and about 2 cycles ago I was 3-4 days late. I had been spot on for my cycles for 6 mos. prior. DS didn't change his nursing habits any either.

I have *finally* come to realize that after 3 kiddos (5 p/g's total) that my cycles are not going to be what they were. That I can't freak out over every little hic-cup in my cycle. I used to get sad when my period was late and I would test and get a BFN (this was very early on, within the first 6 mos. dh had his V) but now I am more than relieved when I see my period show.

It's hard to come to terms with such permanent decisions like that, they really do take time. I know for me it took almost 2 yrs. to get over our decision even though I know we had made it mutually and were 100% sure it was the most responsible and best decision for our family.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page