Anyone conceive from intercourse 5 days before ovulation? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 20 Old 09-19-2010, 05:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just curious what the odds are... My husband and I had an 'accident' 1 day after my AF. The day after, I had some mild cramping. Next day some thick CM.

I started charting my BBT(never have before)...and along with some EWCM on days 4 & 5...and increased sex drive...I am fairly positive of ovulation on day 5. My BBT shows a steady rise 97.4, 97.5, 97.7, 97.9 I also always have short cycles of 25 days.

Anybody conceive 5 days before ovulation?
#2 of 20 Old 09-19-2010, 05:16 PM

how many days long is your AF? (just to give me an idea of how far along possible O would have been)

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#3 of 20 Old 09-19-2010, 05:16 PM

My 20 month old was conceived about 5-6 days before ovulation. It was crazy because not only did I O early that month, but apparently she was also conceived almost a week before that. Apparently she was the kid who really really wanted to be here. :

~Brandon Michael (11/23/03), Jocelyn Lily Nữ (2/4/07, adopted 5/28/07 from Vietnam), Amelia Rylie (1/14/09), & Ryland Josef William (9/7/05-9/7/05 @ 41 wks). 
#4 of 20 Old 09-19-2010, 05:31 PM - Thread Starter

My period started on Sept 9....with normal flow of only 3 days. My cycles have been averaging about 24-25 days.
#5 of 20 Old 09-19-2010, 05:41 PM

So you DTD on the 12th and think you may have ovulated on the 17th?

Its possible, I wouldn't say its horribly likely but I would not rule it out of the realm of possibility.

that would put ovulation at CD8... if you have 24/25 day cycles you likely ovulate somewhere between CD10 and CD17, though... depending on how long your luteal phase is, so I would have to say that knowledge plus the fact that your temps don't really look like they have gone to post-o yet and you are only CD10 I think you are probably safe.

EWCM can dry up up to several days before O... or at least appear to if you are dehydrated at all. Ovulation cramping can also happen several days pre-O (I always thought mine was the moment O happened... until I started charting and after about 3 months I realized no, it happened 2 days before O every single month!)

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#6 of 20 Old 09-19-2010, 05:53 PM - Thread Starter

Yes. I have been cramping all week long. That is out of the norm for me, but I am also 41 years old...so I suppose my cycle could be out of whack as I am getting closer to menopause.
#7 of 20 Old 09-19-2010, 08:02 PM

Yep- first child. DH was out of town so we thought there was no way to conceive. DTD 5 days before I ovulated. First month we were trying to get pregnant.

On the other end- I am 40 and I get cramping several days to a week before I get my period. Found out my progesterone was low and that is why I am having these symptoms.
#8 of 20 Old 09-23-2010, 02:42 PM - Thread Starter

UPDATE:

BBT (started tracking on day 8) Took temp late afternoon on day 7 and got 97.4

day 8 - 97.4 EWCM
day 9 - 97.5 EWCM
day 10- 97.7 Wet CM very bad cramping...like worst period. (not on one side or other)
day 11- 97.9
day 12- 98.0
day 13- 98.1
day 14- 98.1
day 15- 98.1

Curious...does this lean towards ovulation on day 10? My temps just don't seem to do much from day to day. Very gradual. How can I tell when I ovulated?
#9 of 20 Old 10-05-2010, 09:19 PM

In reply to the OP, I conceived DD by DTD 5 days prior to O. I told my husband I was sure we were safe b/c O was several days away. We were being careful do to insurance not kicking in for a preg. for another few days...turns out we had a beautiful baby 9 months later!

Catholic, SAHM, Married 5 yrs. love.gif, Miscarried Sept. '08 April '09 & Jan. '14, DD is almost 4, DS is 20 months-we had a wonderful homebirth.jpg, EDD early Jan, 2015! I'm also a first time foster mom to a girl-22 months. 
#10 of 20 Old 10-17-2010, 12:58 AM

was just coming on here to ask the same question!!! dh and i dtd thursday night- cd8. we use the withdrawal method, and have never gotten pg from the method in 14 years. while dtd, he was like "oh, i think i might have just..." i have 26 day cycles, so i always thought i ovulated around cd12, but dd1 and ds were conceived cd13, and dd2 cd14 or 15.

so i guess i know that it is a possibility, but it's probably not probable that i'm pg.

idk, dh doesn't want anymore, but lately i feel as if i might want more. and i'm sick and tired of every month being like "could i be? could i be?" and i never am. i mean, how long can you use the withdrawal method and not get pg?!!! i swear i cannot believe that i haven't gotten pg from it yet! i'm starting to like when he's out of town working during ovulation time, just so i know i can relax for the month, instead of obsessing that i may be pg (b/c that's how i am! and then i'm poas every month!)

ah, thanks for letting me vent!

Keri ~ Wife to dh Mommy to dd 11 whistling.gif ds 9 bouncy.gif  dd 6 1/2 kid.gif 
#11 of 20 Old 10-17-2010, 01:33 AM
AGF

Me! My twins were conceived the day following AF.
#12 of 20 Old 10-17-2010, 09:17 AM

Wow!!!

Keri ~ Wife to dh Mommy to dd 11 whistling.gif ds 9 bouncy.gif  dd 6 1/2 kid.gif 
#13 of 20 Old 10-17-2010, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGF View Post
Me! My twins were conceived the day following AF.
Oh my goodness! Did you typically have short cycles??

My last DD was conceived 7 (!) days before O. I was charting and my husband was travelling a lot so there was only one time that it could have happened... I couldn't believe it!
#14 of 20 Old 10-17-2010, 11:16 PM

that's incredible!!! so, you probably thought "that cycle was a wash!" were you shocked to find out you were pg?!

#15 of 20 Old 10-17-2010, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jee'smom View Post
that's incredible!!! so, you probably thought "that cycle was a wash!" were you shocked to find out you were pg?!
Completely! We had also been casually TTC for 18 months, but kept missing many windows of opportunity due to travelling, so it wasn't like I thought that we were particularily fertile (I was also nursing a 3 y.o., which probably was affecting my fertility). Even my DH questionned how it was possible!
#16 of 20 Old 10-19-2010, 11:24 AM

My ds was conceived 6 days after our one dtd of that cycle.

9/2011 items decluttered
#17 of 20 Old 10-21-2010, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfarmom View Post
In reply to the OP, I conceived DD by DTD 5 days prior to O. I told my husband I was sure we were safe b/c O was several days away. We were being careful do to insurance not kicking in for a preg. for another few days...turns out we had a beautiful baby 9 months later!
Same here!
Posted via Mobile Device

Jill stillheart.gif Chris (7/96), mommy to 3 sweet redheads: jumpers.gif Matthew autismribbon.gif (12/02), Michelle (8/05) and Marissa (1/10). Nursing since 2002.
#18 of 20 Old 10-21-2010, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillmamma View Post
Same here!
Posted via Mobile Device
Yep, I was back and forth about having another baby and was sure that 5 days before O would be safe. Nope. I have my sweet boy now to prove it.

mumma to sweet 7 year old girl
and darling 2 year old guy

#19 of 20 Old 10-28-2010, 02:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlier View Post
My ds was conceived 6 days after our one dtd of that cycle.
Same here (sadly I m/c, though.) And I learned the very important lesson about why they tell you to use more spermacide every time have sex when using a diaphram...cause after the 4th time in one day apparently that spermacide just isn't effective anymore (um, yeah, there was some alcohol involved in this ...times 1-3 I put some in but the fourth time I figured it wouldn't be an issue, oops!) O was confirmed 6 days after this by thermal shift.

Trish~mama to Kaelie 5/03 and Amelia 12/13, surro mama to Aidan 2/08 & Ellyss 6/09, 

#20 of 20 Old 05-15-2013, 10:57 AM

Have similar problem had sex on cd 8 then cd 10 felt cramps and discharge like mucas had sex on cd 8 my periods are short 25 days. Started my periods on the 5 may took 5 days. According to the chart i am supposed to be ovoluate tommorow. Am comfused

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page