Spotting Vs. Light Flow - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-20-2010, 12:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
What do you consider to be spotting and what do you consider to be actual light flow? Some people have told me that spotting is using a pantiliner and light flow is filling up a tampon or regular flow pad... Others have told me that flow is having to use anything at all (like a pantiliner) and spotting is seeing stuff only when you wipe and not in your underwear.

??????????

I had an odd period a couple weeks ago and I am trying to figure out if I put it down in my chart right... did I spot or did I have light flow? lol My periods are always super heavy and all I had to do was use a pantiliner for a few days, I couldnt fill up a pad or a tampon at all.

TIA,
Veronica
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-20-2010, 01:00 PM - Thread Starter

No one?
Old 09-21-2010, 12:34 AM

I have the same question... although I generally know when I'm on my period vs. spotting vs. odd bleeding.

MY interpretation of spotting is more color related and clot related - generally, for me, spotting is much more brown than flow, and flow generally has clots in it, where spotting doesn't. I can also associate spotting with a cause - ovulation or sex generally causes a bit of spotting, any blood after cd 35 without O is anovulatory spotting, anything after CD35, at least 10 dpo I consider flow...

HTH... I'd love to hear more responses too...

--Rainy
Old 09-21-2010, 12:43 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainy229 View Post
I have the same question... although I generally know when I'm on my period vs. spotting vs. odd bleeding.

MY interpretation of spotting is more color related and clot related - generally, for me, spotting is much more brown than flow, and flow generally has clots in it, where spotting doesn't. I can also associate spotting with a cause - ovulation or sex generally causes a bit of spotting, any blood after cd 35 without O is anovulatory spotting, anything after CD35, at least 10 dpo I consider flow...

HTH... I'd love to hear more responses too...

--Rainy

Thank you for replyiing, my "period" was bright red and VERY watery and it had no clots in it... it was enough to fill a pantiliner one and a half days and then just a few spots here and there the next day and a half. If I count the first day as light flow then my previous cycle was 29 days and I dont know when I ovulated because my daughter ran away with my bbt thermometer and hid it on me for the last two weeks.... lol.
Old 09-22-2010, 11:08 PM

Hmmm...let's see. When I'm spotting, I normally see it when I wipe and a tad bit on a pantyliner. A light flow for me could fill up half a panytliner or so. My light flows are usually reddish-brown and my spotting can be either brown (end of cycle) or bright red (cycle about to start). HTH

Me wild.gif, Him geek.gif, 1 of these eyesroll.gif, 1 of thesedust.gif, 1 of these  blahblah.gif and also one of these loveeyes.gif and we're hoping for one of these babyf.gif

User Tag List