Anyone conceived a girl on the day of O or after seeing EWCM? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 20 Old 10-01-2010, 02:41 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
HI,
After reading the article about that boy sperms swim faster than girl sperms so avoid bd on the day of O (if you want a girl), I was wondering how many actually had a girl after bding on/after O day. Or did you bd before or after O and what did you have?
TIA

~ Have a Blessed Day!
DS 6/2002, DD 5/2006, DS Feb 2009
familybed1.gifhomebirth.jpgtoddler.gifecbaby2.giffemalesling.GIFhomeschool.gif
#2 of 20 Old 10-02-2010, 09:39 PM

I have two girls, and with both of them we were BD every other day right around o. I did not chart with my first, so I either BD the day before or the day of. With my second, if my chart is accurate, I BD'ed the day before and the day after o. This time, I'm almost 17 weeks and I don't know for sure yet, but I had a quick ultrasound at my last appointment and my doctor is "pretty sure" this is another girl. I BD'ed the day before and the day of o, but not after.
#3 of 20 Old 10-02-2010, 10:24 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I conceived DD 3 days before I O'd. I was charting and DH was only available on weekends so thats how it worked out. If you want a girl you BD a couple days before you O. Girl sperm are slower and they live longer, so thats why BDing a couple days before works. Most of the boy sperm die off while waiting. There are no guarantees though.

Me(33), Mama to a crazy DD (6), Wife to a wonderful mountain man(32) BF my babe for 2 years.
#4 of 20 Old 10-08-2010, 02:01 PM

My situation was a bit different, because my daughter was conceived through IUI, but for what it's worth . . . .

DD was conceived directly after O. I had lots of EWCM the night before the procedure (and had a positive OPK that day). By the time I was inseminated the next morning, the NP who did the procedure was sure I had already O'd , due to cervical position and thick/creamy CM.

There is some debate as to whether IUI itself alters the chances of conceiving a boy or a girl, either due to timing or the possibility that washing sperm kills some of the weaker male sperm. My RE tells me that the data doesn't really support this . . . . And certainly my post O baby girl is indication that timing isn't everything!

L, student nurse and married to A, my union man. Happy parents to little S!   joy.gif

#5 of 20 Old 10-08-2010, 02:14 PM

you need to check this out

http://www.in-gender.com/cs/forums/t/138682.aspx

Me,DH,DS1'95, '98,DSD'03,DD1'07,DD2'09,DS2'12 Living with Fructose Malabsorption Syndrome and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Type 3-Hypermobility.)o( and sometimes I get toif I am lucky.
#6 of 20 Old 10-17-2010, 12:47 AM

my dd1 and ds were conceived on cd 13. my dd2 was conceived on cd15 (i always thought i ovulated on cd12 with a 26 day cycle.)

Keri ~ Wife to dh Mommy to dd 11 whistling.gif ds 9 bouncy.gif  dd 6 1/2 kid.gif 
#7 of 20 Old 10-17-2010, 01:42 PM

DD2 we DTD at O-2, O-1 and O day. I was convinced due to timing and DHs family history (majority of males) that she would be a boy

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#8 of 20 Old 10-20-2010, 09:31 PM

Just updating to say that it is in fact a girl. So that makes one girl conceived on the day of o (probably), one that I don't know for sure but we DTD every other day, and one that was either conceived the day before or the day after o.
#9 of 20 Old 10-21-2010, 12:48 PM

I concieved a girl the day after I ovulated.. This theory has worked for me with my past children but not this last time.. LOL
#10 of 20 Old 10-21-2010, 01:03 PM

Well, DS was conceived after DTD FIVE (!!) days before O. For that reason, I was sure he was going to be a girl. Nope.

mumma to sweet 7 year old girl
and darling 2 year old guy

#11 of 20 Old 10-21-2010, 02:49 PM

This baby is a girl and we conceived her by O-1, O, O+1.

Cami, wife to a guy and mom to some kids. Expecting someone new in Februrary!â¢â¢â¢â¢5â¢â¢â¢â¢10â¢â¢â¢â¢15â¢â¢â¢â¢20â¢â¢â¢25â¢â¢â¢â¢30â¢â¢â¢â¢35â¢â¢â¢â¢40
#12 of 20 Old 10-24-2010, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yentroc View Post
Well, DS was conceived after DTD FIVE (!!) days before O. For that reason, I was sure he was going to be a girl. Nope.
5 days before ovulation?!!!

isn't it funny how sometimes you can dtd right around ovulation, and NOT get pg, and other times... 5 days BEFORE ovulation and get pg?!!!

i'm freakin out (in a good way) about dh possibly having an oops 3 days before and 1 day after ovulation, but it occurred to me that that means nothing, as we tried for months to have #1, and dtd all the time. i guess you never know, huh?!

Keri ~ Wife to dh Mommy to dd 11 whistling.gif ds 9 bouncy.gif  dd 6 1/2 kid.gif 
#13 of 20 Old 10-28-2010, 02:22 AM

Based on the timing factor, my surrogate son and daughter should have been the opposite sexes. With my surrogate son we did inseminations everday starting 4 days prior to O. With my surrogate daughter we only did one insem the day before and one the day of O (and one after just in case )

Trish~mama to Kaelie 5/03 and Amelia 12/13, surro mama to Aidan 2/08 & Ellyss 6/09, 

#14 of 20 Old 10-28-2010, 02:33 AM

we had dd only dtd the night before ovulation...definitely after seeing copious ewcm.

Rachel, knit.gifwifey to 2twins.gif (3/06), tandem nursing mama toenergy.gif(7/08) & babyboy.gif (4/11) and missing brokenheart.gif (7/09, 2/10, 7/10) 
#15 of 20 Old 10-29-2010, 02:54 PM

I conceived my baby girl the day after ovulation. I was so certain she would be a boy, lol. We weren't trying to sway the gender... I just assumed the boy swimmers would have won the race. My girl's not about to let the boys beat her
#16 of 20 Old 10-29-2010, 06:18 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
There are plenty of factors that can "break" the rule. Some men just produce more "female" sperm than "male", perhaps due to environmental factors. There's a preponderance of girls in some farming communities where chemical pesticides are heavily used - I don't know if it alters the percentages of the sperm or just provides a toxic environment in which only the stronger "girl" sperm survive, but it's a curious phenomenon. I believe the pH of the vagina is said to have an effect on sex selection as well.

If decomposition persists please see your necromancer.

#17 of 20 Old 11-04-2010, 10:23 AM

Mentioned: 73 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
DD conceived from DD everyday for 5 days before O til 1 day after O. DS conceived from 1 day before O and one day after O.

If your curious you can go to fertilityfriend and search the charts. You can select having a boy or girl and then look at their BDing.

Married to one of the last good guys left Jim
Mom to AJ 4/07 and Genevieve 5/09

And then: I'm really, really tired of making angels.

But wait, could it really be true?

The whole story at: www.xerxella.blogspot.com
#18 of 20 Old 11-08-2010, 05:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokering View Post
There are plenty of factors that can "break" the rule. Some men just produce more "female" sperm than "male", perhaps due to environmental factors. There's a preponderance of girls in some farming communities where chemical pesticides are heavily used - I don't know if it alters the percentages of the sperm or just provides a toxic environment in which only the stronger "girl" sperm survive, but it's a curious phenomenon. I believe the pH of the vagina is said to have an effect on sex selection as well.
Interesting...do you happen to have a source for this? I'm just curious because in the research I did I read that men produce an equal number of both, period. It seems though that it would be hard (for scientists) to prove either way..

My two DS were conceived when DH and I were DTD a LOT. So it would have been every day including before and after O. With DD I was kind of trying to do Shettles for a girl but then said "screw it! I want to up my chances of a baby regardless of the gender!" So we also DTD the day after O. I know people who did Shettles with success and without and since everyone has a 50/50 chance anyway, I think it's pretty impossible to tell. I say try it and pray a lot!

Super crunchy Mama to DS1, DS2, DD and wanting a bunch more!  We homeschool, bed share, homebirth and baby wear. We're attached, we only cloth diaper and we don't vax. There's a lot more to us than that, but it won't all fit. 

#19 of 20 Old 12-08-2010, 10:41 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

stellamia: Sorry, just noticed this! My source is pretty much anecdata - another MDCer mentioned that her husband had had a sperm analysis and produced about 75% "girl" sperm and 25% "boy" sperm. I just did a quick Google and found this article, which included the statement: "On a larger scale, the number of men with more X sperm compared to the number of men with more Y sperm affects the sex ratio of children born each year." Very interesting read actually, the whole article.

As one of six girls, I find this all very interesting. :)

If decomposition persists please see your necromancer.

#20 of 20 Old 12-09-2010, 05:08 AM

My first was conceived three days after seeing EWCM. A girl.

~Sarah

treehugger.gif  trekkie.gifcat.gifcarrot.gif
Mom to Vala ribboncesarean.gif 5/09, Anya hbac.gif 11/11, & one on the way 12/13

Check out my blog- http://healingcesareanscars.blogspot.com/

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page