1 cycle after IUD out, now nothing and not pg, what's up? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-01-2010, 02:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
That's about it. I had my IUD in for just over a year, had it removed August 16th, started bleeding a bit a few days later, had what I believe to be a real period starting August 21 lasting 3-5 days, don't remember for sure. It was bright red, heavier flow, I'm sure it was a period. Anyway, expected my period around Sept 18th, but nothing. So of course I've taken 4 pg tests since then, still all negative. I haven't seen any signs of ovulation since then, and am a little discouraged as I wanted to be able to get pregnant quickly, like within 3 months. Any ideas? I know your cycle can take a bit to come back, but mine did, I just don't get why it won't keep going or I won't show up as pg. Any thoughts? TIA!

Oh and I'm sorry if this is not posted in the right spot, I do not suffer the real struggles of infertility many of you do. I mean no disrespect.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-01-2010, 04:03 PM

was it a copper IUD or the Mirena? If it was copper I've heard cycles usually return no problem, but anything hormonal can take a bit longer to regulate. I am not sure if I would count post IUD bleeding as a period.
Do you track cervical mucus or anything? If so, did you notice any EWCM at any point in your cycle yet? I wouldn't fret. Just wait it out and keep taking pregnancy tests until AF shows or you get a BFP!

Jenn (36), wife to DH for 13 years, DD1(13) , DD2(10) and DS(4)

Old 10-02-2010, 01:29 AM

The cycle after my copper T was removed, I got a period on August 19 and the next started October 13...an INSANELY long cycle! My gyn said that it was normal, a lot of women experience it.

Body, I've been more than patient. Please make a baby. Please?
always loving my babies. (May 08)(April 09)(August 09)(September 09) (December 10)
Old 10-02-2010, 11:51 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks ladies! It was a Mirena. I did have what to me was ovulatory CM around days 10-14 after my first "period", seemed totally the right consistency, but nothing since No CM or AF or BFP

User Tag List