Almost 19 months PP now and no menses?? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 10-02-2010, 12:56 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So my LO will be 19 months old next week, and I have yet to get a single period! Is my body abnormal or just confused?

FWIW, I am 31 yo, and this was my first baby. We still breastfeed quite a bit (3-4 times a day, and 3-4 times during the night). I am wondering if I need to attempt night-weaning again, as we'd like to think about starting TTC baby #2 in the near future.

Anyway, I know plenty of mamas with babies the same age, who also nurse a lot, and nobody has gone nearly this long without a period.
#2 of 3 Old 10-03-2010, 01:07 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
It's quite normal to go 19mo without a cycle. Some women don't get their af until they wean completely, it's really subjective to each person. The only options are to wait and see or try to night wean (which has decent success). My cycle seems to come back at 12mo pp no matter how much or little I nurse, each women seems to have their own clock..

Abra, Married to George, Mother to DS 12/03 & DD1 08/09 & DD2 12/11 + Someone New in May 2015! After years of planning, we are finally living our dream in South America!!
#3 of 3 Old 10-03-2010, 01:12 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
You are completely normal! I too have a 19 mo old without a return of fertility. I'm actually quite enjoying it!! I would also like to have another baby soon but our finances aren't super for that right now, so it is actually a boon right now for us.

According to www.kellymom.com, the stats are in our favor - almost half of breastfeeding women get their menses back between 12 - 24 months. So we still have a bit to go! Enjoy it while you can, if you can!

http://www.kellymom.com/bf/normal/fertility.html

A + B = G 6/07 & E 2/09 & brokenheart.gif 11/28/10 & F 1/12 & due 8/14

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page