Cervix appearance pre-menstration vs. newly preg - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 10-02-2010, 03:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I was expecting my period at the beginning of the week. I had my yearly appt with my MW on Thursday but my cycles are not exact, so I didn't want to cancel it and have it not start. I didn't have my period the morning of, so I went & mentioned that I was expecting it any day. When she did the pap smear, she said "Oh, yeah, it's right there," and gave me a pad in case I started before I could get home. Well here it is Saturday, and still no sign of it. I did have a bit of cramping and nausea yesterday, but very mild. This would be day 37, which is not unheard of, but definitely unusual, especially since I got my period back PP (over 2 years now).

The other unusual thing about this cycle is that I have had no spotting. Generally I have 2-5 days of heavy spotting before AF starts.

So my question is, could she have possibly mistaken early pg cervix for about-to-menstruate cervix? Or am I just being impatient
#2 of 4 Old 10-03-2010, 01:01 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Take a test and see!

Abra, Married to George, Mother to DS 12/03 & DD1 08/09 & DD2 12/11.  We are planning our next adventure to South America in April 2014!
#3 of 4 Old 10-03-2010, 08:23 AM - Thread Starter

Yeah, I need to! But I won't be able to go pick one up until tomorrow so in the mean time, I'm going a little nuts waiting. I was hoping someone might know of it was possible or not.
#4 of 4 Old 10-04-2010, 07:05 PM - Thread Starter

Whew! AF started this AM. Cue simultaneous relief & disappointment.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page