Postpartum AF regularity - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 10-02-2010, 10:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have had 1 PP AF and it was a totally normal. My DD is 7 months but i still bf frequently and through out the night.
How regular should my cycle be? I ask because i am now 8 days late. I thought i O'd (EWCM mid month) but now i have EWCM about and have for several days.
Any help from you wonderfully educated mamas? Thanks

Christine:: wonderful DH and precious DD(2/10)::
#2 of 5 Old 10-06-2010, 12:47 AM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
It's very common for your first few, or even many, PP cycles to be totally wacky. It takes some time for our hormones to regulate, & in the meantime we all get to freak out & wonder if we're pregnant all the time! There are women who have their 1st PPAF, then don't have another for several months!

It's hard to say... maybe you didn't for sure O midmonth? Maybe now you are ovulating? Or maybe what seems like EWCM now is actually your body trying to gear up for AF? Has your cervix changed significantly?

All my own PP periods are so super wonky. I'm right there with you, being confused.

North Idaho rural living treehugger.gif mama to: 22 yo DD, 15 yo DS, 8 yo DS, 6 yo DS, 4 yr old DS, 2 yo DD, and 1 yo DS. stillheart.gif And someone new coming this Christmas! stillheart.gif

#3 of 5 Old 10-06-2010, 01:48 PM

Interesting. I just came over here to ask the very same question. At 4 months PP, my cycle returned. The 2nd one arrived 21 days later. Normally, I have 26 or 27 day cycles, very very regular. Now, I'm still waiting for the 3rd, and today marks the 30th day. I did a pregnancy test yesterday (although not in the morning, I did it in the afternoon) and it was negative. I googled for this information, and found very little, so would be interested in hearing other womens' experiences with the return of AF. How long does it take to become regular again? Is it possible to return to BF-related amenorrhea after your cycle resumes?
#4 of 5 Old 10-06-2010, 05:23 PM

I don't have anything helpful to say - I am also curious to hear about other momma's experiences... I just got my first PPAF at 16 1/2 mos, I'm on CD10 now and my fingers are crossed that I will be regular (still breastfeeding). It seems like with my first child I had a few longer cycles mixed in there so long as I was still breastfeeding... but I wasn't recording anything and my memory is failing me so... BUMP!

Katie
#5 of 5 Old 10-06-2010, 05:29 PM - Thread Starter

It's nice to hear other mamas going through similar things. I also tried to google this but had no luck! I have taken two pregnancy test, not even thinking i was really pregnant but... when you expect AF and she doesn't show up... lol

Christine:: wonderful DH and precious DD(2/10)::

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page