Bleeding on CD 16? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 10-09-2010, 12:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi all, I've been lazily charting my postpartum periods- I am 11 months postpartum now and on my 4th postpartum cycle, CD 16. I have been having my normal, long postpartum cycles (average 35 days). Last month's cycle was a little longer than normal, 38 days, and I had a lighter than normal period at the beginning of this cycle. I usually have a medium-heavy flow that ends up light for a solid 6-7 days and this was lighter and shorter. Now, on CD 16 I am having bright red, medium AF-type bleeding. I never have mid-period spotting and this is definitely more than spotting. We have BD in the past few days but I am not sore or anything that would indicate that this is an injury from that. What could this mean?
#2 of 3 Old 10-15-2010, 12:26 PM

Hey there, I don't know what it means, but it happened to me last month, and then I had my next period right on schedule from my first "normal" period. I think I just had an anovulatory cycle. Not sure why, but so far, this month, things seem to be normal. I asked my gyno & she said that just happens sometimes. Not very helpful, but at least you know it happens to other people too.
#3 of 3 Old 10-15-2010, 09:55 PM

sounds in the realm of normal for pp cycles. i exp something similar for several cycles after one of my babies. i had a clockwork period and then clockwork bleeding for several days in the middle of my cycle. i had 4 or 5 cycles like this. one thing i've learned is that pp af can really be all over the place and still be healthy! as long as you're not feeling abnormal pain or getting anemic, i wouldn't stress. keep us updated okay?

chicken3.gif    happy homesteading-homebirthing-homeschooling-student midwife-mama to a small handful of little ones and joyful wife to my artist man.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page