My "not really trying because we're waiting for AF after BFing, but previously infertile" thread - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 10-20-2010, 09:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just... popping in here to say hello.

Well, the boys will be a year old in a little over a week, and hubby and I are starting to think about TTC again. It sounds soon, but well, it took us a year and a half to get pregnant last time *with* help, so it's not like we're aiming for having three under two or anything like that... just thinking.

I STILL haven't gotten AF back yet. My mom was STUNNED by that... I guess I just hadn't mentioned it yet. In the past three days, we have started night weaning. Both because I am exhausted and practically hallucinatory some days, AND because we'd hoped it would trigger AF's return.

Before I got pregnant, we struggled to get me ovulating at all... I had two periods every month! Eugh. So... I'm not quite sure what to expect!! I had spotting and bleeding for 10 weeks after their birth, but we eventually found out it was retained placenta, and had to have a D&C.... during which they punctured my uterus. (Eugh, again.)

Sooo, anyhow, just throwing this post out there. Anyone have any ideas aside from night weaning to bring AF back (safely?)

Mama to twin boys, Oct-'09 and baby girl, Apri-'12!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 10-27-2010, 11:08 AM

no ideas. just a "good luck!"

Keri ~ Wife to dh Mommy to dd 11 whistling.gif ds 9 bouncy.gif  dd 6 1/2 kid.gif 
#3 of 6 Old 10-27-2010, 06:37 PM

Sounds like night weaning is a good place to start! Other than that....no ideas! Good luck mama.

Jill, mama to three fiery girlies and a sweet baby boy: Grace, 11.30.2005,  Ayla, 3.22.2008, Norah 9.5.09, Reed 8.19.11 & dfs Gage 2.29.12   angel1.gif x4

#4 of 6 Old 10-28-2010, 07:18 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I had one PPAF at 14m, and a little spotting at 17m. But darn it if we aren't TTC also! haha, and I only have 1 af every like... 6 months sometimes.

Everyone is different, but I would work on getting yourself as healthy as you can before weaning the twins. I don't know about your weight or health, but I wont have AF when I am heavy, so I have to lose some weight to even think about getting AF.

Sorry to cut short being attacked by baby.

I'm crunchy... Like a Dorito.
Mama to Sprout jog.gif 4.09 and Bruises babyboy.gif 7.11 handfasted to superhero.gif 9.07

#5 of 6 Old 10-29-2010, 04:03 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I can share my experience with you--hope it helps!

With each pregnancy I had irregular cylces and needed to assess hormone levels (#1) and then take some herbs (#2). Meaning: no PPAF after DD until she was over 3years and got that back with help from a special tincture (vitex and some other goodies) from an AP who helps me. I had three PP cycles and conceived DS.

BTW, DD continued to nurse throughout my pregnancy until I was about 32 weeks!

So, what helped me was getting my thyroid checked and then meeting with the AP that assessed my situation and then created the herbal tincture. The difference for me was that DD was much older and nursing more for comfort at that point so it was okay if it affected supply a little--I'm not sure if it really did effect supply after all.

I hope that you are able to find something that works.

P.S. DS is nearing his 2nd Birthday in a few months and once again no PPAF. Once he's had 2 good years of BF I'll start looking at an alternative avenue to bring back AF.

SAHM bf.gif, DH reading.gif, DD  (03/05) dust.gif, DS1hola.gif(01/09), DS2 babyf.gif(06/12) & dog2.gif

#6 of 6 Old 11-08-2010, 05:38 AM

Me!! Me!! I might be able to help!! I had zero signs of fertility for two YEARS while BFing DS1 so I can definitely relate.

Night weaning is a great start (have you heard of Dr. Jay Gordon? He has a very gentle method of night weaning and it worked great for my DS when he was 18 mos)! Also, MACA!!! Maca is a root plant from Peru and you can find it at Mother's Market and probably other health food stores. It balances your hormones naturally and is safe while breastfeeding. I took that along with vitex to start my cycles up again. Once I had a cycle I had 3 acupuncture treatments and started natural progesterone cream to lengthen my luteal phase. I was pregnant my 3rd PP cycle and my beautiful baby girl is now two weeks old! And DS2 is still BFing! I learned a TON on the TTC thread here and highly recommend it!!

Feel free to PM me with any questions or for specific info on the herbs I took! GL to you mama!

Super crunchy Mama to DS1, DS2, DD and wanting a bunch more!  We homeschool, bed share, homebirth and baby wear. We're attached, we only cloth diaper and we don't vax. There's a lot more to us than that, but it won't all fit. 

Tags
Breastfeeding

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page