Am I pregnant?? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 10-31-2010, 11:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So I know this question must have been asked a million times. Just looking for some quick feedback. I am currently nursing my nearly 17 month old child. I got my first postpartum period 56 days ago and it was quite similar to my old ones. My pre-pregnancy periods were on a 27-28 day cycle. So... I missed my "2nd" postpartum period - and as of this weekend, also my "3rd". I know the schedule can be wonky at first, but does it seem like it's time to buy a stick? Thanks!

AP/SAHM to two under four

#2 of 8 Old 11-01-2010, 04:45 AM

Maybe, maybe not...After my third child I had one PP AF at 3 months PP, then went 86 days, had another AF, went 50 something days before the next AF, then went 34 days and had AF. After that third one I finally regulated back to every 26-28 days. It can take a while for your hormones to regulate. Do you have any other "symptoms" (which can be so hard to tell) or just the lack of AF?

(Of course the Dollar Tree HPTs are only a $1 ....I'm a POAS-enabler)

Trish~mama to Kaelie 5/03 and Amelia 12/13, surro mama to Aidan 2/08 & Ellyss 6/09, 

#3 of 8 Old 11-01-2010, 08:56 AM - Thread Starter

Sadly, I have never been able to find the mythical $1 tests.

However, as luck would have it, I don't need a test now. AF has arrived. =/ Thank you for sharing your experience... Will definitely keep it in mind as my cycle works itself out. Cheers!

AP/SAHM to two under four

#4 of 8 Old 11-02-2010, 12:44 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
My cycle was also way out of wack after it started, it's pretty normal when you're bfing. Also, every Dollar Tree I have ever been in has sold the $1 hpt's and opk's.

Abra, Married to George, Mother to DS 12/03 & DD1 08/09 & DD2 12/11 + Someone New in May 2015! After years of planning, we are finally living our dream in South America!!
#5 of 8 Old 11-02-2010, 01:02 PM

.... they arent mythical. that would imply they do not exist, which they very much do!

they are in this packaging and generally are around the aspirin/tylenol and such down the beauty/health care aisle.

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#6 of 8 Old 11-02-2010, 01:08 PM

The $1 tests do exist although I will say that it's been my experience that not every Dollar Tree carries them. We have two in my town and one carries them and the other one does not. So you should check different ones if you go in one that doesn't carry them.

Annie wife v2.0 to DH and joyfully parenting DSS 18 jog.gif, DSD 15 knit.gif, DSD 14 banana.gif, DSS 12bikenew.gifand heart hero DD 2superhero.gif. angel1.gif 8/2010

#7 of 8 Old 11-02-2010, 04:29 PM

We have 2 Dollar Trees in our town. One carries them by the female care items, the other carries them by the register. In fact, the latter one sometimes has them behind the register, so you have to ask.

Wife to Bri, mom to G (8), R (6), I (5). Expecting #4 - 8.16.11
#8 of 8 Old 11-04-2010, 04:53 AM

do some test, good luck to you!

http://www.conceiveababyboyorgirl.com

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page