Does this sound like mittleschmerz? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 11-06-2010, 06:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
I'm starting to really dislike this lactational ammenorhea thing.. my symptoms are so random.. I wish it could just be..well.. cyclical! I haven't even had a period since 4/06 so.. I do forget what its like! I conceived ds when dd was 18 months and ds is just about that age.. so if these things follow a pattern, I'd expect that I'd ovulate sooner rather than later. Anyway, last couple days I've felt what I can only guess might be mittleschmerz? Its different though. It usually is a come and go kind of thing, and this I mostly only feel if I press gently just above my pubic bone (or if an acrobatic toddler crawls over me, or kicks, or whatever) Its a really bizarre feeling.. almost like how your muscles feel the day after an intense work out. But this definitely my stomach muscles I'm feeling here!

dd (7) ds (5), ds (2) &3rdtri.gif hbac.gif and the furbabies cat.gifZeus, Dobby, Luna, & Ravenclaw
#2 of 4 Old 11-08-2010, 01:02 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
For me, I feel mittleschmerz around where my ovaries are so what you are feeling is different from my experience. Are you having other symptoms of returning fertility? (Do you check your cervix/cervical fluid?) Sorry I am not more help!

Our beautiful baby girl arrived 2/17/2010
#3 of 4 Old 11-08-2010, 04:37 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Yeah, previously I've associated mittleschmerz with one side or the other. But I know everyone is different. I was all set to say that I didn't really notice any other symptoms, like interesting cm or anything like that when I first saw your reply. Then I went to the bathroom a giant snotty blob on the tp. Soo maaaaybe! Course I could swear last time there was tons of CM "False alarms" before the real deal. Pity, I wasted my last ovulation stick a few days ago. Maybe I need to start charting. Only reason I don't is it just seems soo boring to chart a huge..like.. year long cycle. We moved recently.. next time I stumble across my BBT, I'll start.

dd (7) ds (5), ds (2) &3rdtri.gif hbac.gif and the furbabies cat.gifZeus, Dobby, Luna, & Ravenclaw
#4 of 4 Old 11-08-2010, 02:25 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Sounds like mittelschmerz to me.
Another facet i would add, is sometimes a heaviness in that general area, like there is a weight trying to ease something out, an achiness. Sometimes downright painful, sometimes sharp, sometimes less painful, sometimes a little more of a dull ache.

I think you had mittelschmerz, and the glob afterwards confirm that your body is definitely trying to ovulate....

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page