Talk to me about vasectomy reversals... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 12-01-2010, 03:02 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

DH and I have been talking for a few years now about getting him a vasectomy reversal. He has been "fixed" for 6 years - right after our youngest was born. We have 3 daughters 12, 8, 6 and I never felt like my family was complete. I loved being pregnant, homebirthing, breastfeeding, everything about having a baby. He wanted to be done having babies, but he knows how much I want a big family and really miss having babies - I just feel like my family is not done growing and I feel like if we wait much longer my body won't react well - I'm going to be 31 this month. I had perfectly normal pregnancies and labor and deliveries - all natural - last one a homebirth.

One of my greatest worries is the cost - I'm a SAHM and DH works full time, but we do not have health insurance. He works for a small business - only 3 employees - so it's not cost effective for them to have the health insurance - too much $$ and we wouldn't buy it anyway again - too much $$. The girls are on Medicaid and whenever I've been pregnant I've been on Medicaid.

Another worry I have is having a baby so far apart from my youngest. My brother and I were 6 years apart and it always seemed like such a large gap. I loved having my last two so close together - they're very close, like best friends - except when they're fighting LOL.

I know there's two different ways to do a vasectomy reversal - one is cheaper than the other, I think. We haven't called any doctors yet and can't recall the urologist that did the vasectomy in the first place.

I would love to have more babies - I make my own cloth diapers and breastfeed, make my own baby food when they're ready - so the cost is miminal for the first couple of years - but I don't want to set us back financially (putting us into debt again) to fulfill this dream. We spent a lot of years with tons of Credit Card and Medical Debt and have worked hard to be debt free (except for the mortgage). I know this shouldn't be an issue of money, but I don't want the stress of debt hanging over our heads.

Talk to me...

Erin

lady.gifNatural, Dancing, Sewing WAHMommie to 3 beautiful girls reading.gif  Peace.gif wave.gif and an awesome step-son nut.gif
#2 of 2 Old 12-18-2010, 02:52 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I just posted a thread about my experience with a reversal- http://www.mothering.com/community/forum/thread/1286184/my-experience-with-a-vas-reversal-and-pregnancy#post_16124679

I just got pregnant on our second cycle of trying, so there's my vote! =)

~Rose

Tags
The Official Patients Sourcebook On Vasectomy

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page