anyone want to offer some help? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-04-2010, 08:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I apologize in advance if this is a "stupid question" that I already know the answer to. My guess is the answer will be "yep, thats normal!" lol

so, my cycles were normal, every 29-30 days before I easily got pregnant with DS. then I got pregnant in september 2008, gave birth to ds in june, 2009. I was nursing, but ds also got about 4 ounces of formula per day, which tapered down to 4 ounces every few days, then 4 ounces every few weeks, until he wasn't taking any formula by 12months, and was nursing(as opposed to giving any formula). We did child led solids too, if that matters... DS started eating on his own at 5 months.

I had my first period in july almost right after my lochia stopped. It was normal-light, but definitely not part of the lochia. 

my next cycle started january 21 and lasted 146 days,

and my next started june 16, 2010(2 days after DS's first b-day) and that one lasted 66 days

next was august 21, lasted 42 days

next was october 2, lasted 22 days

next was october 24, and still going(we're on day 42 right now)

stupid me, I haven't been temp charting :( but based on CM and position, I'm thinking i might have ovulated 2x this cycle without a period? (around day 21 and day 41)

I am still nursing DS, but only a few times per day(11am, 11pm, and occasionally in the morning if he wakes too early, and needs to sleep(or if i need to sleep lol.gif and DH isn't willing to put him to sleep)

I took 2 pregnancy tests, one 4 days ago, and one 3 days ago(17 and 18 days post suspected O days) both were negative. greensad.gif

in addition to all the above, i've been sick for the past 28 days scared.gif Nothing too bad, just mucous in throat, and cough, no fever, but 2 days of sheer misery about 2 weeks ago but bad enough to not go around newborns and young babies, but not so bad that I have to stay home from community/friend/relative obligations.

hijab.gif Childbirth Educating and Doula-ing wife toflowersforyou.gif , and mama to hammer.gif6/09. Story of my life:buddamomimg1.pngduh.gif knit.gifscared.gifsewmachine.gifdishes.gifcd.giftea6.gifread.gifsleepytime.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2010, 06:04 AM

First, i don't think it is possible to ovulate twice in 1 cycle that far apart. (twins usually result from ovulation 24hours apart from the other).If you are basing your theory on CM only, I'd say it is more likley your body geared up to O the first time and did not succeed? Annov cycles can be extra long and being ill can def push ovulation farther.
Also, what was "the norm" for you prior to pregnancy may not be the norm after - pregnancy sort of resets the body. So you basically have to get to know yourself all over again! This is how secondary infertility comes about or people that previously had a difficult time conceiving but manage to get pregnant and then go on to have no issues after. And especially if you are still nursing, I wouldn't be concerned. But I would still keep testing for peace of mind until Af shows because of course there is still a chance it could be pregnancy.

Jenn (36), wife to DH for 13 years, DD1(13) , DD2(10) and DS(4)

Old 12-05-2010, 06:20 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks, that was what I was thinking. You did clear up my confusion about seeing signs of O but no AF. I didn't realize that the body will get ready to O, but not, and continue on without any AF. BUT, it got me to think, if i were charting my temps, would i have known that I didn't O, or would I still not know if I actually Oed or not?

hijab.gif Childbirth Educating and Doula-ing wife toflowersforyou.gif , and mama to hammer.gif6/09. Story of my life:buddamomimg1.pngduh.gif knit.gifscared.gifsewmachine.gifdishes.gifcd.giftea6.gifread.gifsleepytime.gif

Old 12-05-2010, 07:14 PM

you wouldn't have gotten any thermal shift so you would've charted the fertile cm but not gotten CHs. (presuming that it geared up and didn't until your second bout of CM - if at all?) OR your temps would be inconcusive because you were sick and possibly feverish so you could still very well be in the dark! LOL I hope things become more apparent for you soon either way (+hpt or AF!)

Jenn (36), wife to DH for 13 years, DD1(13) , DD2(10) and DS(4)

User Tag List