13 mos pp, no af yet, can I use fertility friend? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-13-2010, 08:29 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi all.  I am 13 mos pp, no af yet, but I am 99% sure that I o'd yesterday morning.  I had tons of ewcm Friday and Saturday and yesterday am had the familiar cramps. 

I tried to set up a ff account (I am not TTC, just trying to gauge my fertility and my cycle), but it had me put in my last af, which was Feb 09! : ) 

I am not going to temp, but I just wanted to know others' experiences. This is my 3rd dc and with the 1st 2 I had to pretty much wean before seeing af return.  If I know that I o'd, does that mean I should expect af in about 2 weeks, or can I o a few cycles before af returns? 

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-13-2010, 11:53 AM

Hi mama, I'm 14m PP and am just going through the same thing.  As for FF, I have had a hard time with it, but I don't have a lot of patience for fiddling with programs like that. I had better luck with TCOYF, I also had to enter my last period (Dec 2008) and am not temping, but once I started entering other data like CM it has been fine for me.  At least its a way to keep track of things, even if the program is a bit confused about my "cycles" (or lack thereof).

But maybe someone knows better how to do this effectively?

Anyway, I also just had my first PP ovulation, which I knew happened just based on CM, CP and how I was feeling.  That was just about a week ago and yesterday I started spotting. . .still not sure exactly what's going to happen, but I am expecting AF anytime.  I would think that if you truly Oed that you'd have AF within two weeks, but it could be that your body was gearing up to O, but didn't go through with it.  I don't know if you can O and not get AF.  But I know that things can be wonky with cycles for awhile after they resume PP.

photosmile2.gif Me= crunchy mama to one rambunctious toddler, born on October 1, 2009. And one sweet little baby born January 19, 2012. heartbeat.gif

Old 12-13-2010, 12:03 PM

I am using fertility friend before getting ppaf - I just put in my weaning date as the start of the cycle, but if you're still bf and suspect you've o-ed, maybe make your cd1 14 days before that (or whatever is typical for your cycle length)?

From my understanding (and please correct me if I'm wrong, anyone!), if you o (and don't conceive), you will always get af afterwards. So if you're not pregnant and no af, you didn't o.

I'm relieved to hear of other women who didn't see return of fertility till weaning! I am still waiting.

Me + DH + DS ('07) + after a long and bumpy road, thrilled that our twin boys are finally here (DS2 & DS3, '12)

User Tag List