Tubal reversal - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 50 Old 02-01-2014, 12:12 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Oh. Happy birthday & good luck to you too!
#32 of 50 Old 02-08-2014, 02:09 PM

I had my surgery...all went well, except the pain.!!?!?!...they didn't mention that when alaproscopic procedure is done, they use carbon dioxide gas to make more room in your abdomen or wherever...anyway, I had excruciating pain the night of procedure & next day. The doctor said it was common & would last a day or two...it is over now, but honestly, that pain was worse than any of my c section recoveries. It is worth it, just be prepared for that...it is a positional pain, so you can move to where it is less, but...ouch!
#33 of 50 Old 02-08-2014, 02:18 PM

Ouch, that sounds very uncomfortable. The surgeon I am using does not use the laproscopic method and I might be glad he doesn't! At least with the small incision near my c-section scar I will know what to expect! 

Heal quick :) 

flower.gif Amanda flower.gif

Conservative, Christian, and Crunchy!

Wife of T, Mom of Z18, E15, M14, and D10.

Praying for a Reversal Blessing! 

#34 of 50 Old 02-08-2014, 02:39 PM

Yes, I also have the small incision too...I think he did laproscopic to see if e erything was repairable, the incision really just stings a little but not bad...good luck to you!
#35 of 50 Old 03-28-2014, 02:27 PM

Hi, I'm 38 and considering a reversal, both I and my spouse were pushed into getting tubal/ vasectomy.. considering we both have issues and our age I feel ivf might be the better route..has anyone had success stories after reversal?
#36 of 50 Old 03-29-2014, 11:08 AM

Pixie, I have read many success stories online and hopefully will have my own before too long...if you can afford IVF, seems like to me, that would be the way to go since you & husband need surgery, if I read that correctly?
#37 of 50 Old 03-29-2014, 11:20 AM

Yes, we would both need a reversal. I agree ivf with icsi is our best bet though more expensive.. luckily we have a military insurance which would cut the cost considerably if we can get into a program on a base.there is waiting lists and at my age waiting is tough, but I'm trying to hang in there and not lose hope.I'm glad to find a forum to talk to other women going through the same thing. My sister just announced being pregnant with their fourth and its just very hard
#38 of 50 Old 03-29-2014, 11:33 AM

It seems like everyone around me is pregnant Lol...it is very hard. My stepson & wife just announced in Nov, that we will be grandparents & my sister in law announced in Jan. That they were having another. I am 40 and hoping we can conceive soon...it is tough, I pray you will get to have surgery quick.
#39 of 50 Old 03-29-2014, 11:38 AM

Prayers and baby dust sent your way!
#40 of 50 Old 03-29-2014, 12:34 PM

Thanks! If it's God's will, it will happen smile.gif...can't believe how bad I want another bibi
#41 of 50 Old 04-14-2014, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostlykisses View Post

My story is much like the OP. I had four children. My former husband and my OBGYN convinced me to have a tubal with my fourth. I immediately regretted it. I have suffered from tubal ligation syndrome symptoms since I had it done which adds insult to injury. 

I found myself divorced and remarried to a man 8 years younger than myself. He has never been married and has no children of his own. I want to share that joy with him, Plus I never really felt like I was done with babies. My youngest is turning 11 in March. My oldest will turn 18 on the 29th. 

I have been accepted by the Drs at North Carolina Center for Reproductive Medicine for a reversal. Now I just need to pay for it and get my travel expenses together. I am using our tax refund money to pay for the surgery 4550. Travel will add another $1000. Well worth it to have a chance at another little blessing smile.gif 

was just wondering if you had your surgery yet?
#42 of 50 Old 04-14-2014, 02:12 PM

I have not gotten it yet. There was an issue at the last minute where a different nurse decided my weight was too high. I went through 2 weeks of hell trying to slim off some weight and make my tummy look better. I talked to the original lady today and showed her pics of my belly and she said I was fine. Now I can pay and schedule but I have cold feet. Not because of surgery, but because I have to make sure I have hotel and travel money in time for it. I am kind of scared because my husband won't help and my income can go up and down. 

flower.gif Amanda flower.gif

Conservative, Christian, and Crunchy!

Wife of T, Mom of Z18, E15, M14, and D10.

Praying for a Reversal Blessing! 

#43 of 50 Old 04-14-2014, 05:20 PM

Sorry to hear that, wishing a speedy surgery for you.
#44 of 50 Old 04-19-2014, 02:38 PM

HI: I was wondering theres anyone that had a good experience At The Hospital La Familia in Mexicali??? I want to have the procedure done there but I worry ... & I did some research but I cant find any info other than their own page.... Any advise please!
#45 of 50 Old 04-26-2014, 10:39 PM

Im going in october to get my done there
#46 of 50 Old 06-17-2014, 01:23 PM

Wink TR Less than 10 days!

I am 35 years old, I share the same story like everyone else. I thought that I was done with having children even though I knew I was making a huge mistake by getting a TL. I had my TL in 2000 following the vaginal birth of my daughter. Since then I have been blessed with an awesome husband again and he doesn’t have children. However, he has been a wonderful father to mine and I could not leave this earth without first offer him one of the greatest gifts ever. With that being said, I have my TR on 6/27/14, and I am so nervous. I am trying to find things to do to help prepare my body for an effective healing process. I have been taking vitamins and I quit smoking over a year ago. I just want to do this right. I understand that there are no guarantees and I am praying that everything goes well. Are there any suggestions prior to the surgery that anyone that has been through it can offer me?
#47 of 50 Old 06-19-2014, 05:10 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Exclamation thinking of a tubal reversal in mexicali

I am getting ready to go to Mexicali Mexico to get my tubal reversal .. I am 42 and my husband is younger but has never had the experience of being a daddy. my children are all gone except a14 year old daughter. she is as excited as I am. please if someone has become successfully pregnant after going to this place let me know. I am trying to find out all that I can. I'm really not believing in the midlife crisis thing that people talk about. We are in a big family with babies all around us and I see him with daddy eyes it hurts me. I believe that he will make a great dad and besides the tubal problems that come with tubal litigation are awefull. My peroids are long and hard now and before they were not. hmmfa... I'm a bit scared but I really want this and this has been the only site to give me any insight at all on planet hospital in Mexicali. please someone that has become pregnant is all i'm waiting for before I completely decide. Thank you everyone....
#48 of 50 Old 07-05-2014, 09:25 AM

I'm going to Mexicali in just a little more then a week

Quote:
Originally Posted by caja483 View Post
I am getting ready to go to Mexicali Mexico to get my tubal reversal .. I am 42 and my husband is younger but has never had the experience of being a daddy. my children are all gone except a14 year old daughter. she is as excited as I am. please if someone has become successfully pregnant after going to this place let me know. I am trying to find out all that I can. I'm really not believing in the midlife crisis thing that people talk about. We are in a big family with babies all around us and I see him with daddy eyes it hurts me. I believe that he will make a great dad and besides the tubal problems that come with tubal litigation are awefull. My peroids are long and hard now and before they were not. hmmfa... I'm a bit scared but I really want this and this has been the only site to give me any insight at all on planet hospital in Mexicali. please someone that has become pregnant is all i'm waiting for before I completely decide. Thank you everyone....
I will be having TR surgery there on July 15. I was told by the doc there that after viewing my TL report that I would have about 40% chance of a successful TR, even tho these odds look low I decided to continue forward with the surgery, this gives me a better chance then I currently have lol. Have you already gone??? If so please contact me and let me know how it went for you, or if you haven't contact me and after I will let you know how it went for me
#49 of 50 Old 07-18-2014, 12:08 PM

I am 40, had my reversal on February 5th of this year. I am now 4 weeks, 5 days pregnant. Had my HCG levels drawn this week and they have doubled each time. I go for sonogram next Thursday to make sure it is in uterus. Hope this is encouragement to all! Good luck! God is Amazing and I give Him all the glory.
#50 of 50 Old 07-18-2014, 12:10 PM

Oh, I had my surgery at Cleveland Clinic.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page