Question for those who have had kids and O pain - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 01-16-2011, 04:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I wanted to see if this was something pretty common or if it is rather unusual. I always had very reliable O pain which made it easy to time BD during my fertile time and also let me know pretty reliably when AF was going to show up.

After having my dd many things changed with my cycles once I went back off depo to ttc #2 but I still had the O pain.

But after ds I dont seem to experience it any more and when I do it no longer feels the same . I am not nearly as aware of my body now since my TTC days are behind me but with my O pain it was pretty hard to miss since it really hurt for that split second.

So for those of you out there that have already had little ones and have had or still have O pain can you share your experience?

My theory is that my pg with ds moved my uterus and ovaries and my ovaries no longer come into contact with my insides like they used to resulting in less intense or absent O pain since that is what causes the pain to begin with (though I could always feel the exact moment of the egg popping out in the past as well).

I know everyone feels O differently but I would love to hear how things worked for everyone else.

SAHMlady.gifread.giflovin' trekkie.giffan intactivist.gifwinner.jpg to loveeyes.gifenergy.gifDD 10/00 & superhero.gifmoon.gifDS 10/04 ribbonpb.gifIf your ds is intact, keep him safe, visit the Case Against Circ forumnocirc.gifCirc, a personal choice, Your sonsyes.gifbrokenheart.gif11/98brokenheart.gif6/99ribbonbrown.gifanti-tobaccoribbonyellow.gifThyroid cancer survivor. With cat.gif& goldfish.gif & (Boxer)dog2.gif wishing 4 whale.gif&ribbonwhite.gifsigncirc1.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif

#2 of 3 Old 01-17-2011, 08:51 AM

I have the opposite problem- I never had O pain before baby #2, but now have it pretty regularly every cycle. 

I have no advice as to what might cause it- but positioning of the uterus makes sense.  Every time we get pregnant and give birth our bodies change in the slightest ways, so its very possible.

Ash- DS 2003, DD 2006, and one baby Turkey born on Thanksgiving.

#3 of 3 Old 01-17-2011, 09:12 AM

I still had it after DD1 and it wasn't a second, it was a good 24 hours of limping.  I know that what it was, too, because I did a natural cycle IVF and had ultrasounds confirming exactly when I ovulated, which I already knew because of the pain!

I lost it after a 10 wk miscarriage that resulted in an emergency d&c and hemmorhage.  Thanks to no longer having that warning signal, I unknowingly ovulated like two days before I expected my period last January and here's DD2!  So it'll be interesting to see if it comes back when my fertility returns...not that I want it to anytime soon...

DD1 7/13/05 DD2 9/20/10

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page