when did you start....? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 14 Old 02-11-2011, 06:42 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I posted this question in birth & beyond but didn't hear a response... I figure all the mamas are on Life with a Babe, like me! So I just wondered when you started your period and was it regular?

I started when DD was 4 1/2 months old - it was totally normal, a little heavier than normal... but according to my 28 day cycle I'm over a week late! I don't know if a) it takes a while for periods to resume normally or b) I'm pregnant (feels like that's practically impossible what with condoms and EBF and the rarity with which we have sex)... All of last week I felt like I was going to start: cramps, weepy, uncomfortable. All of this week I've just been waiting, feeling super exhausted and nothing.

Anyone?

Holistic nutritionist, WAHM, new mom of first DD 08/29/10 and a precious baby due 2/13/12!

#2 of 14 Old 02-11-2011, 07:19 AM

Mine came back at 5 months PP (EBF, cosleeping, no pumping, etc.).  My cycles before were around 26 days and they've slowly gotten back to that (now I'm almost a year PP), but at first they were about 32 days apart.  It can take a little while for everything to work itself out!

DD 2/28/10
#3 of 14 Old 02-11-2011, 08:49 AM

10 months PP here and nothing yet. HOWEVER, I have PCOS and irregular periods, so it's not surprising!

bedsharing, knitting, toddler-nursing, nerdy, babywearing mama!

familybed1.gif  knit.gif toddler.gif  geek.gif  momsling.GIF

#4 of 14 Old 02-11-2011, 09:17 AM

Mine returned with DS was 5 mo and 5 days old - cosleeping, working/pumping 5 days a week.

Used to have clock work 28 day cycles.  I am currently on cycle day 42... I heard they can be irregular for a while once they start up again so I'm not too worried.  I kicked around the idea of a pregnancy test just to put my mind at ease but haven't been motivated enough to go buy one yet - like you, we use condoms and sex has been infrequent.

Mumma to DS July 2010 and expecting another baby boy late July 2012 belly.gif

#5 of 14 Old 02-11-2011, 09:23 AM

Mine returned at four months PP too (also EBF, co-sleeping), but has not been regular. At one point I did break down and use a pregnancy test (I had one that was about to expire anyways)... it was negative. At a LLL meeting this discussion came up and the mamas agreed that it can take a long while before you have a regular cycle again.
#6 of 14 Old 02-11-2011, 09:52 AM

My little one's 8.5 months and I'm still waiting. She was EBF up until 6 months and is currently down to about 5 or 6 nursing sessions a day. I was just thinking today how long it's been since I had a period. I keep thinking it'll just suddenly come back at a really inopportune moment...

Working mama to a wonderful baby girl. Married to a really sweet guy. Just trying to do my best.

#7 of 14 Old 02-11-2011, 11:46 AM

Mine came back at 6 weeks!!! But is totally irregular.  Came back at 6 weeks for a week then again at 8 weeks PP for 3 days.  So who knows?  I'm also EBFing.

#8 of 14 Old 02-11-2011, 11:48 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks mamas! I knew I could count on you...

Of course as soon as I post this I just might see glimpses of it comin'... figures.

Is it weird that a piece of me hoped fate had determined my next baby's comin' for me?

Ah well... I guess it's a 36 day cycle this time around. Glad to hear I'm not alone.

Holistic nutritionist, WAHM, new mom of first DD 08/29/10 and a precious baby due 2/13/12!

#9 of 14 Old 02-11-2011, 03:09 PM

I had a very simillar situation not long ago. Unforatunately I get my period back early, 2 months with ODD and 3 months this time. After I got my first period this time around I got another 28 days later (my cycle had been 32 ish days before). DH and I had a condom break and then period was almost 3 weeks "late", I thought I might be pregnant again but it was just my cycles getting sorted out again. (I had a negative blood test and then I got my period about 4 days later). I know how you feel, I was both relieved and disapointed to hear I wasn't pregnant.

Lana: Mama to Mya Oct/2007 and Ainsley July/2010
#10 of 14 Old 02-11-2011, 06:28 PM - Thread Starter

It's the disappointment that's weirding me out... baby care is so tiring and I know DH isn't ready but I kinda wanted it to be some miraculous conception! :) Glad you understand :)

#11 of 14 Old 02-11-2011, 07:06 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
This is actually a fertility question, so I am going to bump you over there.

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

#12 of 14 Old 02-11-2011, 07:15 PM

Mine came back at 10weeks (I am still breastfeeding. But back then I was breastfeeding AND pumping..so I was really shocked!)

Cloth diapering, Babywearing, Breastfeeding first time mama! Our bundle of joy was born June 15, 2010
#13 of 14 Old 02-11-2011, 07:16 PM

With DS1, it came back 14.5 months pp. They weren't regular yet though. (Although, they were never really "regular" before... always had long, irregular cycles).

#14 of 14 Old 02-11-2011, 07:24 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Mine came back later with each child. With Daniel, my fourth, he was a little past two years. I'm breastfeeding twins now and am hoping it stays away until they are weaned. lol.gif

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page