EBF Question - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 1 Old 02-13-2011, 10:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I posted this somewhere else to no replies:

step 7 of ebf-

does this mean my dh can't put her down for a nap?

or i can't go away for an hour or two without the baby? ever? if she cried and i'm taking an hour to do yoga, does that hurt my fertilitiy?

do i need to nurse her to sleep or just allow it if she wants it...and should i not unlatch her? (like in no cry nap solution)

she will usually unlatch on her own while asleep but nurses for comfort for awhile. usually 30 min or so

but lately i have to lay with her for every nap if i want her to nap longer than 20 minutes and i feel like DH is thinking "enough already!" i don't get much done during the day sometimes b/c she'll nap 2 hrs in my arms or next to me in bed. but lately i try to sneak out and she wakes up.  i don't want to encourage her to become dependent on my prescence in the bed to nap. (lately she'll only nap in the bed)  she will give in and take a nap in the ergo while on a walk but i have to really encourage it. bouncing, using the hood, etc.

i'd like to go do yoga or work out an hour a week or so but my impression of ebf is that baby needs to be strapped to me all day every day...and that if i'm gone and she wants to nurse or whatever my period will come back. maybe im exaggerating a little b/c it's late and i should be asleep...but even with laying with her for naps i'm not sleeping well anymore. i think i'm spending too much time in bed and just can't sleep even though i'm tired....

DD: 8/10

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page