A very nerve wracking TWW - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 04-20-2011, 09:44 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi all,

This has been a very nerve wracking TWW.  My partner and I underwent an IUI on 4/8/11.  Before that we had tried at home using a known donor and hadn’t been successful but didn’t have so many hopes (and $$$) wrapped up in the process.  We have enough money to afford two treatments of IUI and after that we don’t’ know what we are going to do. Because of our lack of financial resources, it is so important to us that it works on the first (or second try).  

Well, since the IUI, DW has been having many prego like symptoms including increased sense of smell, cramping, breast tenderness, fatigue, allergy symptoms (although those could be straight allergies) and a little nausea.  Today, she told me that she is having spotting of a dark creamy color.  This is when she would normally start spotting before her period so she is FREAKING OUT.   I know we will know in two days if it worked or not, either a HPT or aunt flo, but these can be a long two days.

Does it seem that we have any chance of being prego?  Has anyone had similar symptoms? What can I do to support her?

Just looking for some support and lots of baby dust.

Thanks for listening/reading.

Two semi-crunchy mommas in Indy taking every day as it comes!  Baby #1 born 1/14/12 at home!

winner.jpgfemalesling.GIFfamilybed1.gifhomebirth.jpgcd.gif

#2 of 7 Old 04-20-2011, 11:01 AM

Location: Seattle, Tucson, Austin, Baltimore. Now: Urbana, IL

dust.gif Sending baby dust your way!  All her symptoms sound like encouraging pregnancy symptoms, but as you know they can also be PMS symptoms.  Spotting around the time of the expected period is not uncommon either.  I spotted for 3 days then and again a week later and went on to have a perfectly healthy pregnancy.  How many DPO is she right now?  Many women test positive even before expected AF at 9 or 10 DPO and of course many don't until several days after expected AF.  But I'd say it's worth a try!  Get First Response Early Response tests b/c they require the least amount of hCG.   Good luck and keep us updated!!

Mama to Avalon 1/07 waterbirth.jpg, Austin 1/10 in between uc.jpgand Avery 12/11  h20homebirth.gif
fambedsingle1.gif   femalesling.GIF   winner.jpg   cd.gif     ecbaby2.gif  novaxnocirc.gif   goorganic.jpg  

#3 of 7 Old 04-20-2011, 03:42 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks Jaimee. right now we are 12 DPO.  but the dpctor told us not to take a HPT until 14 dpo b/c of the risk of a false positive from the trigger shot. 

On a positive note, she came home from work today and went straight upstairs to take a nap :)

Her cycle is like clockwork, so if she doesn't start on Friday, we will be able to take the hpt and then will know for usure...two more days...

Two semi-crunchy mommas in Indy taking every day as it comes!  Baby #1 born 1/14/12 at home!

#4 of 7 Old 04-21-2011, 06:49 AM

Location: Seattle, Tucson, Austin, Baltimore. Now: Urbana, IL

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethandanna View Post

Thanks Jaimee. right now we are 12 DPO.  but the dpctor told us not to take a HPT until 14 dpo b/c of the risk of a false positive from the trigger shot. 

Ah yes... my friends who have had IUI used to test every day starting around 9 DPO to see if it was negative and then keep testing for a positive.  :)   So you could do that or if it's positive just retest in a few days.  I imagine she'll get her beta levels tested every couple of days after that anyway.  Or just wait.  :)

Mama to Avalon 1/07 waterbirth.jpg, Austin 1/10 in between uc.jpgand Avery 12/11  h20homebirth.gif
fambedsingle1.gif   femalesling.GIF   winner.jpg   cd.gif     ecbaby2.gif  novaxnocirc.gif   goorganic.jpg  

#5 of 7 Old 04-25-2011, 02:04 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Update?

Superherolactivist.gif and mother to Peanut (03/20/09) and Twig (01/20/2012). Fighting for the rights of mothers out there who winner.jpg selectivevax.gif fly-by-nursing2.giffemalesling.GIFfamilybed1.gifhomebirth.jpg and much more! mdcblog5.gif 

#6 of 7 Old 06-06-2011, 08:31 AM - Thread Starter

BFP!!!! Due date is 1/28/2012. We have a chance of multiples due to the large number of ripe follicles in the second IUI round.  Going for a u/s on 6/13/11,  will know so much more then.  We are looking forward to hearing our lo(s)' heartbeat(s) :-D

#7 of 7 Old 06-07-2011, 10:31 PM

Yay!!  Congratulations.  I wish you both a happy and healthy 9 months. 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page