What's going on? Help! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 04-27-2011, 09:57 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

So...had a baby (#2) in August. Was surprised to have cycle back end of January (was 15 months after the 1st before it returned, so this one was super early). Have been running 31 day cycles. Last was 2nd week of March. Nothing since. DTD 2 Fridays ago (12 days) Been cramping the last 3 days with very inconsistent CM (creamy to EGCM in same day). No infections. Temp is all over the page (still nursing). Cervix is high. Also slightly tender and (tmi) tighter feeling than normal. Getting BFN's and just because I am SO lost in where my cycle is at, also got ovulation strips. Those all have been negative too.

Going nuts wondering if #3 is on the way?! I will keep testing here and there, but wanted general thoughts?

#2 of 4 Old 04-27-2011, 02:17 PM

Location: Seattle, Tucson, Austin, Baltimore. Now: Urbana, IL

It seems like you would have expected AF mid April, which would have put O in early April and now it is the 27th, so I can see why you would suspect pregnancy!  But you don't know when you ovulated because your temps and CF are inconsistent?  Can you share your charts?

Otherwise, unfortunately I don't have any pearls of wisdom other than ovulation could have been quite delayed and AF is around the corner. It's also possible you're bleeding without ovulating. But, continuing to test periodically is about the best you can do until AF appears or you get a BFP!  Sorry, I know that's frustrating.  Maybe someone will be able to glean more from your charts if you post a link.

Mama to Avalon 1/07 waterbirth.jpg, Austin 1/10 in between uc.jpgand Avery 12/11  h20homebirth.gif
fambedsingle1.gif   femalesling.GIF   winner.jpg   cd.gif     ecbaby2.gif  novaxnocirc.gif   goorganic.jpg  

#3 of 4 Old 04-27-2011, 05:41 PM - Thread Starter

So, sadly I just found out about fertilityfriend.com. I also haven't been as good about charting what with things not being very trackable lately.Nothing to share other than temps are between 97.1 and 99 every other day with no discernible pattern or shift. There is literally a 2 degree difference daily, despite being the EXACT same time. Maybe night nursing affects this?? I can say that for two days now, I've had stickier CM, more of it, and more and more I think babe 3 is on the way. Just waiting for AF or for hCG levels to be high enough to test.

Any ideas what else could cause (very mild) cramping for 3 straight days that is more noticeable when I empty my bladder or check CP?

#4 of 4 Old 04-28-2011, 07:18 AM

Location: Seattle, Tucson, Austin, Baltimore. Now: Urbana, IL

If it were me, I would enter all the data I have into fertility friend and see what it comes up with.  The cramping could certainly indicate the uterus getting used to pregnancy.  Alternatively, ovarian (follicular or corpus luteum) cysts can cause cramping and/or a dull ache, sometimes exacerbated by intercourse and I would assume by checking CP as well.  Follicular cysts happen when the follicle stops maturing and fills with fluid (hence no O).  This type of cyst is generally accompanied by long patches of creamy and EW CF.  Corpus luteum cysts occur when the follicle is released but the CL fills with fluid and remains active past your typical LP length.  The former would mean you could not be pregnant and bleeding will be delayed until the cyst resolves itself.  The latter does not negate pregnancy, but your temps can act like you are pregnant whether you are or not.  Both are benign and usually resolve on their own within a few weeks.  And both should be detectable with a manual exam though sometimes an u/s is necessary.  You could always make an appointment to have a blood test and a manual exam just to see what's going on.

Mama to Avalon 1/07 waterbirth.jpg, Austin 1/10 in between uc.jpgand Avery 12/11  h20homebirth.gif
fambedsingle1.gif   femalesling.GIF   winner.jpg   cd.gif     ecbaby2.gif  novaxnocirc.gif   goorganic.jpg  

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page