Am I pregnant? Please read and offer opinion! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-01-2011, 09:45 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi, I am 18 years old and really cannot afford to be pregnant. If I am, then so be it, I will do the best I possibly can, but until that happens... I need someone to give me their opinion.

I had sex three days before my period - we did it twice in a row, both without a condom, but pulling out both times also. I know that precum can contain sperm and that is what I am worried about. I had a very normal period after that. When I was off my period, we did the exact same thing. (I hope I dont sound like a sex addict). Anyways, I have NEVER worried about getting pregnant since day one of losing my virginity, which was like 2 years ago. Also, my boyfriend pretty much NEVER used a condom ( I realize now how stupid that is). 

My point is, of all those times not using a condom.. I suddenly started worrying that I am pregnant, like crazy too. 

After that initial worry set in, I started noticing things. 

If I got pregnant the first time (right before my period), then that was three weeks ago. If it was the second time (right after my period) then that was two weeks ago. 

I suddenly got a very bad cold, which I havent had all fall/winter/spring this year. I have started belching like crazy (possibly because I breathe through my mouth due to my stuffy nose?) and my biggest possible sign is the sudden appearance of blue veins on my chest, breasts (especially) and even the sides of my stomach, which is new to me. I have however been trying to lose a couple pounds and have successfully lost 6 pounds (now am at 129 lbs and 5 foot 7) so could that be because I am slightly thinner? Also... I have gotten dizzy today and a couple days ago. I have been coughing a lot from my cold which has been making me gag as well. I know that all of these thing can have different causes, but like I said, for the first time I am having serious thoughts about me being pregnant. I had a terrible and vivid dream where I was raped and then last night had a dream about a girl I know that had gotten pregnant a year ago in high school. 

I am sorry this is so long, but I really do need opinions from women who have had children and know what it's like. Thank you!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-03-2011, 03:03 PM

First, no one can tell you if you're pregnant from symptoms. Take a pregnancy test. You can get them at the dollar store now.

Second, please rethink your birth control methods. If you are not ready to be a parent, then why are you taking such risks?

Third, read Taking Charge of Your Fertility and learn, at least, to track your cycles. It's a Bible for women and will teach you to understand your body and fertility.

Mom to two boys and expecting a babygirl.gif in May, 2014!
Old 05-06-2011, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbys View Post

First, no one can tell you if you're pregnant from symptoms. Take a pregnancy test. You can get them at the dollar store now.

Second, please rethink your birth control methods. If you are not ready to be a parent, then why are you taking such risks?

Third, read Taking Charge of Your Fertility and learn, at least, to track your cycles. It's a Bible for women and will teach you to understand your body and fertility.

truedat.gif   Like Bobbys said, you should really learn about your cycle and your body, no matter if you're avoiding pregnancy or trying for a baby.  Here is a link to the Amazon listing of the book Bobbys mentions abov; http://www.amazon.com/Taking-Charge-Your-Fertility-Anniversary/dp/0060881909/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1304705055&sr=8-1

Good Luck!

Laura (26)intactlact.gif DH (39)jammin.gifdrum.gif, DS (Jan 2008)
belly.gif#2 due in Dec 2012   brokenheart.gif 2/12 brokenheart.gif 8/11

User Tag List