Luness - any thoughts on this concept? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 05-03-2011, 04:54 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I came across Luness not too long ago, and was wondering whether anyone had heard about it? It supposedly would help with regulating cycles and ovulation and assisting in family planning. I was initially curious about light therapy in making my long cycles regular, and this device supposedly mimics the light and intensity of the moon throughout the month.

Does anyone have any additional information on this or any thoughts? It’s not on the market yet, but I thought our community of knowledgeable mamas might have an opinion on this based on their research, etc.

Thanks!

#2 of 5 Old 05-06-2011, 10:59 AM

That looks really cool!  I've never read anything about using light therapy for fertility, but I have heard that it works wonders for other things.  I'm interested to see other people's opinions/knowledge on the topic!

Laura (26)intactlact.gif DH (39)jammin.gifdrum.gif, DS (Jan 2008)
belly.gif#2 due in Dec 2012   brokenheart.gif 2/12 brokenheart.gif 8/11

#3 of 5 Old 05-06-2011, 01:44 PM - Thread Starter

I read an article a few months back on how one could use moonlight to regulate ovulation... I can't find it anymore, but it was really cool.

I, too, can't wait for other persons' opinions!

#4 of 5 Old 05-14-2011, 03:07 PM

I can't open the link (stupid work computer) but I know I've read in a few other places about using light to regulate your cycles...like every night you sleep in a pitch black room except for the days around "normal" ovulation, then you sleep with the lights on. The idea is that it mimics a regular moon cycle where it is dark at the new moon (when your cycle would start) and bright at the full moon (when you'd ovulate.) I think the idea is called "lunaception" so if that device does what I think it does, then that seems like a cool idea! Hopefully I remember to look it up when I get home.

Trish~mama to Kaelie 5/03 and Amelia 12/13, surro mama to Aidan 2/08 & Ellyss 6/09, 

#5 of 5 Old 06-07-2012, 03:47 AM - Thread Starter

I posted this ages ago, but just found out that Lunesse has been released. I'm considering whether it's a good investment...

http://www.regularcycles.com/

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page