ovulation - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 05-09-2011, 06:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

how long can sperm survive in a woman's body as i'v been researching i online and found so many different answers from 3 days to 8 days. The reason for my question is that i can feel and always have been able to feel when i'm ovulating trust me it's not something you forget it normally lasts around 12 to 15 hours as i had unprotected sex 1 days ago the i felt myself starting to ovulate but for the past 13 years it's been the same until now when it only lasted 2hours and 40 mins could this be a sight i could have fallen pregnant

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 05-09-2011, 06:58 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

sperm can last anywhere from 2 days to 8 days...depending on who you ask.  ;)  they cant really pinpoint it as there are sooooo many variables. Cervical mucus, sperm health/mobility/ etc...

and you can't tell if your pregnant by how long you "feel ovulation"  your body wont actually BE pregnant for 3 days after ovulation when the egg implants. 

wait 14 days, then test. good luck getting the answer you are hoping for!

DS-8/06 peace.gif
DD-5/08 innocent.gif
DD-4/12 loveeyes.gif
Due: July2014 shy.gif
semi crunchy, but getting crispier!

*** heartbeat.gif 5****10****15****20****25****30****35****40
#3 of 3 Old 05-10-2011, 07:57 AM

Location: Seattle, Tucson, Austin, Baltimore. Now: Urbana, IL
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I would say based on my reading and hearing stories here on MDC, sperm commonly last 4 days, sometimes longer (my ds was conceived with 5 day old sperm), but rarely longer than 6 days.

I would not think the duration of ovulation pain would have anything to do with fertilization.  But if you DTD the day before ovulation then you definitely timed it well to conceive.  Start counting days!  The day after O is 1 DPO (days past ovulation). Some women test positive as early as 10 DPO, but I generally wait until a few days past my longest luteal phase- more like 14 DPO.

Mama to Avalon 1/07 waterbirth.jpg, Austin 1/10 in between uc.jpgand Avery 12/11  h20homebirth.gif
fambedsingle1.gif   femalesling.GIF   winner.jpg   cd.gif     ecbaby2.gif  novaxnocirc.gif   goorganic.jpg  

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page