Birth Control/Pregnancy Question - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 06-08-2011, 10:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

i have been taking my birth control for 3 months straight and i have not had any bleeding except for the first month, now i finished taking them 2 1/2 weeks ago and i still have not had a period yet. and im not sure if it has anything to do with it but i have been having these fluttery feelings in my stomach but i dont think i could be pregnant ? 

#2 of 2 Old 06-09-2011, 02:22 PM

Location: Seattle, Tucson, Austin, Baltimore. Now: Urbana, IL
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

wave.gif  Welcome to MDC!

When you say "3 months straight" do you mean you took the entire pack, including the placebo pills?  Or do you mean you started a new pack when you should have taken the placebo pills in an attempt to prevent menstruation all together (as some women do when they don't want to get their period at a certain time- like their honeymoon)?

And when you say you "finished taking them 2 1/2 weeks ago" do you mean you finished off a pack and are now 2 1/2 weeks into a new one?  Or did you stop taking the pills all together?

If you did not skip the placebo pills then you should be bleeding regularly.  Pregnancy is certainly still possible while on the pill, though it is not likely if you have been taking them every day around the same time each day.  I would absolutely talk to your GYN to discuss your lack of bleeding as it could be that you are not on a type of pill that is right for you.   You might need to switch to a different type/brand to better regulate your hormones.  

In the meantime, definitely take a test b/c if you haven't bled in 2 months b/c of pregnancy then you are definitely far enough along to test positive on an HPT!  Good luck!

Mama to Avalon 1/07 waterbirth.jpg, Austin 1/10 in between uc.jpgand Avery 12/11  h20homebirth.gif
fambedsingle1.gif   femalesling.GIF   winner.jpg   cd.gif     ecbaby2.gif  novaxnocirc.gif   goorganic.jpg  

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page