Talk to me about spotting/bleeding after bfp please - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 06-18-2011, 01:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've gotten a few BFP on First Responses since yesterday with a darker more noticeable but still faint line this morning. The problem is is that I noticed slight red spotting up in canal when I checked last night (sorry tmi :/ ) and it has since increased today when I wipe now (red) but not enough to get on a pad. I also have cramps too and my abdomen was really sore last night. I know that it could just be implantation or a chemical pregnancy so what I am asking is anyone's experience with this. Right now it's just a waiting game but I need some hope to hold onto.
If the bleeding dosen't get worse and the tests get darker then I'll go get my betas checked on Monday. So please feel free to share. This waiting stinks.

Also please pardon any typos. My laptop died and I'm on my iPod.

TIA
#2 of 6 Old 06-18-2011, 02:37 PM

Location: Seattle, Tucson, Austin, Baltimore. Now: Urbana, IL

Congrats on your BFP!  Sorry that you're having some spotting, but spotting is extremely common and many women spot  or even full out bleed and go on to have healthy pregnancies.  How many DPO are you?  Implantation spotting would occur between 6 and 12 DPO.  Spotting around the time of your expected period is very common as is cramping.  I personally spotted around the time of my expected period and again about a week later with my first pregnancy.  So take heart!  I would start to suspect a m/c if the bleeding soaks pads.

Keep us updated and you are likely to get more responses in the pregnancy forum if you feel like reposting.  hug2.gif

Mama to Avalon 1/07 waterbirth.jpg, Austin 1/10 in between uc.jpgand Avery 12/11  h20homebirth.gif
fambedsingle1.gif   femalesling.GIF   winner.jpg   cd.gif     ecbaby2.gif  novaxnocirc.gif   goorganic.jpg  

#3 of 6 Old 06-18-2011, 03:25 PM

Congratulations!

What Jaimee said.

Although I didn't spot every time I got pg, every time I had spotting from 9-11dpo I was pg. I've also had miscarriages but did not spot or bleed before at least 4 weeks with any of those.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#4 of 6 Old 06-18-2011, 04:14 PM

There are many reasons for spotting in an otherwise healthy pregnancy. Sex or even just checking can irrittate the cervix, which is very soft and engorged with blood right now. There can be a slight dip in progesterone around when you would have gotten your period, because the placenta hasn't switched on to making its own progesterone yet. Sometimes there is bleeding when the placenta starts to seperate from the yolk sac and embed itself into the lining. Sometimes you just spring a leak. I did a lot of research when I started spotting, and as many as 35-50% of women spot during pregnancy and only about 25% of those go on to miscarry. The best signs are if there is no cramping, no increase in flow over 24-48 hours, if it lasts less than three days, and of course, what your blood levels are like.

*hugs*

I know this is really hard and scary. Try to hang in there.

~Rose

#5 of 6 Old 06-18-2011, 08:39 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks Ladies..I really appreciate the support. Jaimee-Im about 12dpo.

Unfortunately, im getting more frequent mild to moderate cramps and the bleeding is picking up. :/ Its not over till its over though and ill take more tests tomorrow morning.

Thanks again.

#6 of 6 Old 06-19-2011, 12:12 AM

I'm so sorry this is troubling you so- please just try to take it easy as much as you can. I stayed up for nearly two days straight because I kept checking my pads, and that's not a good state to be in- whenever you're pregnant or miscarrying or not. Even cramps and increased bleeding are not always a sign of the end- it can all really really depend. And some women miscarry without any symptoms at all for weeks. It's so maddening, I know.

*hugs* some more. Hang in there. We're here for you.

~Rose

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page