Which mucus do I record? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 07-26-2011, 08:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Charting question! Almost every time I internally check my CM (breastfeeding, no period yet) I get a small glob of whitish CM that stretches maybe an inch or less. If I wipe it off I don't usually get a second glob, even if I swirl around and bear down to try to find some. Should I be recording based on that one glob or what I find afterward? I'm not even sure what to classify it as since there is so little of it. Creamy maybe?  Like today, I had one glob about the size of a popcorn kernel of the creamy and then nothing.

This Mommy and Military Daddy are loving their son.
DS born Dec 2010 Pregnant with #2, having another !
#2 of 7 Old 07-27-2011, 04:58 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I personally, would ignore it. But when TTA, I abstain until phase 3. If you're checking to see if you are in phase 1 or phase 2, it might be more important, because technically, any mucus would put you from phase 1 to phase 2.

Since you say you're nursing and haven't gotten your period, I personally would still ignore it. Usually when I start getting my fertility back after nursing, the mucus patches leading up to my finally ovulating are much more obvious.

I don't check internally while nursing. I just go off of feel for awhile. (If I feel wet, or notice CM on my undies). Then I start more actively monitoring my fertility.

#3 of 7 Old 07-27-2011, 05:40 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
If you are ttc they say tt always record the most fertile sign. IE: pos opk then neg later that day.. You chart it as positive for that day. If you have ewcm then later it turns to creamy... You mark ew.

If you have white cm that stretches a little I'd call it creamy, if its clear and stretches it's eggwhite.
Make sure that what you are seeing isn't leftover from bd. Cuz that is clear/ white and strechy.

DS-8/06 peace.gif
DD-5/08 innocent.gif
DD-4/12 loveeyes.gif
Due: July2014 shy.gif
semi crunchy, but getting crispier!

*** heartbeat.gif 5****10****15****20****25****30****35****40
#4 of 7 Old 07-30-2011, 09:44 AM - Thread Starter

dejagerw - What are the phases?

#5 of 7 Old 07-30-2011, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WifeofAnt View Post

dejagerw - What are the phases?

Phase 1 is the infertile pre ovulation phase, Phase 2 is the fertile phase (which includes the fertile time up to ovulation and just after), Phase 3 is the infertile phase that occurs after the fertile phase but before your period. Sorry if I confused you... it's NFP lingo ;)

#6 of 7 Old 08-03-2011, 07:41 AM - Thread Starter

Ah, I always just used 'follicular phase', 'luteal phase', and... well I don't know of an official name for the fertile period besides maybe just the fertile phase.  I thought you meant something more like KellyMom's Transition to Full Fertility.

#7 of 7 Old 08-08-2011, 11:32 AM

Location: Seattle, Tucson, Austin, Baltimore. Now: Urbana, IL

Like Vivica said, record the most fertile CF you see each day.  And as dejagerw said I wouldn't bother to check internally, but I would mark it down on chart and see what comes of it.  If it dries up for more than 4 days then you're back to infertile.  If it goes on for more than 14 days then that is your BIP and you can consider yourself infertile as well.  Keep an eye out for changes as your fertility returns.

Mama to Avalon 1/07 waterbirth.jpg, Austin 1/10 in between uc.jpgand Avery 12/11  h20homebirth.gif
fambedsingle1.gif   femalesling.GIF   winner.jpg   cd.gif     ecbaby2.gif  novaxnocirc.gif   goorganic.jpg  

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page