IUD is out! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 09-11-2011, 08:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

I had my IUD removed on 9/1, and started bleeding the next night.  No big deal, slight cramping, only lasted a couple of days.  Now my breasts are sore, and heavy, and they almost feel like they did when I was nursing.  Itchy and sensitive, almost like before my milk would let down.  Is this normal?  I was almost paranoid that I was pregnant already, except that it's wayyyy too soon for that.

Is it normal to have totally oddball hormonal symptoms after having Mirena removed?

DD 2/08
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 10 Old 09-14-2011, 11:27 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

old

8 might be enough
#3 of 10 Old 09-15-2011, 12:05 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MariesMama View Post

I had my IUD removed on 9/1, and started bleeding the next night.  No big deal, slight cramping, only lasted a couple of days.  Now my breasts are sore, and heavy, and they almost feel like they did when I was nursing.  Itchy and sensitive, almost like before my milk would let down.  Is this normal?  I was almost paranoid that I was pregnant already, except that it's wayyyy too soon for that.

Is it normal to have totally oddball hormonal symptoms after having Mirena removed?

It took a few months for me to get back to "normal" after having a Mirena IUD removed. I never had a period with it in, just spotting. For awhile, my periods were light and irregular. They did eventually go back to normal. I think that taking red raspberry leaf and red clover helped with that.

Wife to DH, mama to bikenew.gif DD (7) ribboncesarean.gif, babyf.gif DS born 3/12 ribboncesarean.gif, and have had five early losses. angel1.gif
I have Stiff Person Syndrome and my other car is a candy apple red Rascal. Feel free to ask me about it. wheelchair.gif
#4 of 10 Old 09-15-2011, 03:51 PM - Thread Starter

I'll have to get some RRL, because I would love to have a regular period.  For the past 3.5 years I've barely had spotting, let alone a cycle.

I feel like a million bucks without the Mirena!  My sex drive has gone through the roof (TMI, sorry) ... maybe that's what my doctor meant when she said, "I'll see you next month when you're pregnant."

DD 2/08
#5 of 10 Old 09-15-2011, 03:55 PM

I had irregularly spaced (7-35 days), wacky length periods starting in February when I had mine out. They were wacky until I got pregnant in May. I actually had 2 cycles in a 45 day stretch the month I cfc got pregnant, and I'm historically like clockwork.

chicken3.gif
Irish dancing mama to E (5/12/06), I (12/31/07), and a baby in Heaven (8/17/11)
TTC #4

chartnew.gif http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/9e808/  chartnew.gif

#6 of 10 Old 09-20-2011, 08:53 PM - Thread Starter

This is nutty and probably all in my head, but I've been getting heartburn, and having to pee a lot (only in the evenings and at night).  Getting up in the middle of the night to pee is totally unheard of for me.  I'm going to POAS tomorrow, if I even have enough pee when I wake up. 

Weird!

DD 2/08
#7 of 10 Old 09-20-2011, 09:00 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Good luck!

Wife to DH, mama to bikenew.gif DD (7) ribboncesarean.gif, babyf.gif DS born 3/12 ribboncesarean.gif, and have had five early losses. angel1.gif
I have Stiff Person Syndrome and my other car is a candy apple red Rascal. Feel free to ask me about it. wheelchair.gif
#8 of 10 Old 09-21-2011, 05:42 PM

I ovulated about a week after getting my mirena out but my luteal phase wouldn't have been long enough for a successful implantation. My cycles took several months to straighten out. I also had returning libido after getting it out smile.gif

After ds2 I told dh I wasn't going to take hormones or put devices in my body angry.gif:

Loving DH geek.gif, raising DS1 learning.gif(01/08) and DS2 bfinfant.gif(10/10), caring for cat.gif x 3 .
#9 of 10 Old 09-22-2011, 07:17 AM - Thread Starter

Negative.  So weird...

DD 2/08
#10 of 10 Old 10-14-2011, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariesMama View Post

I'll have to get some RRL, because I would love to have a regular period.  For the past 3.5 years I've barely had spotting, let alone a cycle.

I feel like a million bucks without the Mirena!  My sex drive has gone through the roof (TMI, sorry) ... maybe that's what my doctor meant when she said, "I'll see you next month when you're pregnant."

I agree! I feel like a million bucks too! I just mine out Wednesday. I had it for 4.5y. I have migrains really bad since I had quit nursing about 1y ago. I have only had a little one since I got it out. Hoping my system fixes itself. For about a month I had been feeling depressed that I even had it. I don't have insurance, so was not sure how we were going to pay to get it out. A friend said to call Planned Parenthood. It was cheap there. The nurse and PA asked what DH and I would be using after I got it out. Really none of there business, but gave them the answers they wanted to hear. They asked what would happen if I got pregnant. I said "Have a baby." DH and I have been married for 12y and have 4 kids (dd10y, ds9y, ds5, dd4). We know what makes babies. DH and I are open to more kids. I am really wondering when I will get my cycle back. I have only had 1 cycle since July 2005. I had no spotting with the IUD.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page