IUD Removal and pregancy - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 10-20-2011, 02:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I had my IUD removed one because it had exp. and also because i was ready to try to have a baby. my doctor told me that i had to wait 3 month before i could start trying, why would that be? Does anyone know ?dizzy.gif
#2 of 3 Old 10-21-2011, 10:40 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)

I am not completely sure if this is accurate, but I was told that it is to give your uterine lining time to thicken back up again, as Mirena makes it very very thin while it's in there. And a thicker lining possibly = less chance of an early miscarriage. But if someone has a better/different answer, please correct me! 

Quote:
Originally Posted by druiz42301 View Post

I had my IUD removed one because it had exp. and also because i was ready to try to have a baby. my doctor told me that i had to wait 3 month before i could start trying, why would that be? Does anyone know ?dizzy.gif

#3 of 3 Old 10-31-2011, 06:42 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

@infojunky- I wonder if there is truth to this.  My friend got hers out in August and just lost a baby at 7 weeks....  I got mine out on the 6th of Oct- and TTC- but I am really worried about miscarriage...  My doc said nothing about waiting tho.  And looking on the IUD website I can not find anything that says wait. agh...

[B][I]~Ang~ Mom to 2 sport-head crazy girls: Rainey and Breeze  and my little lost love- @18 weeks with gestational age of 7 weeks

RAINBOW BABY DUE MAY 4th!!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page