Having period like bleeding during the first month of pregnancy? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-13-2011, 04:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm wondering if you ladies have any insights or experiences on a situation like this one.  Dh and I aren't ttc, but I suppose it could have happened.  Last month my period was 10 days late, but I didn't notice until today since we've been busy and I just wrote it on the calendar when it happened and went on my way.  My periods have been light since they came back after dd was born, so I wouldn't have noticed if it was light.  Though I can't recall that it was any different from normal.

Last week I noticed that I was getting absurdly emotional.  Dh snapped at me for some little thing and I sulked all day.  Not normal for me.  Also news items would make me feel like crying.  So I looked at the calendar and found that I was only two weeks past my last period, and this is not how I get at ovulation.  The next day I came down with a coughing and fever bug that's going around here, so I assumed that explained the nausea I began to experience and the aversion to food (both normal pregnancy symptoms for me).  The excess emotions have also continued and gotten worse.  Today I actually teared up at a scene in a kid's movies that I've seen at least 300 times.  Feeling like crying is one thing, actually doing it is another.  So I looked back at the calendar and discovered that my last period was 10 days late.  I looked back at the calendars for the last 8 years and I've only had one other period nearly that late, which was a wacky anovulatory cycle when my ds was a baby (I was charting at that time).  I'm pretty sure I ovulated this last month because I wrote it down.  I sometimes feel it and I write it on the calendar when I do.  It was at day 16, which is about normal for me (day 29 is my normal AF).

Does this happen much (assuming I am pregnant)?  I'm not sure I want to test because dh would flip out.  Obviously if I miss this month's period or continue with the nausea and aversions once I'm not sick, I will.  But I'm curious if other people have had something like this happen.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2011, 05:32 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Yes. I got my periods back when DS was 27 mos. (He's now 49 mos.) They were always 10 days long and every 21 days (ugh!). I got pregnant, and had a lighter, 5-day period at about 27 days, during my first month of pregnancy. I guess it was about correlated with when "implantation bleeding" would have occurred.

But, I had just started taking Chinese herbs to regulate my cycle, so I thought the lighter, later period was my cycle getting back on track! Luckily, we were doing that in preparation to TTC.

I hope things go well for you.

DS, 10/07. Allergies: peanut, egg, wheat. We've added dairy back in. And taken it back out again. It causes sandpaper skin with itchy patches and thrashing during sleep. Due w/ #2 late April, 2012.

User Tag List