Does anyone else get sick EVERY month at THAT time? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 04-12-2004, 09:52 AM - Thread Starter
PM
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I swear! We had stopped TTC for at least 6 months (following 2 long years, many months of which I would come down with something RIGHT at ovulation time) and I got a bad flu RIGHT at the time I should be ovulating. Is it psychological? Do I NOT want a baby? It's really disturbing. I really get the flu - or my illness worsens - during ovulation. Anyone else? I feel like I should just see a therapist!

Edited to add:
We didn't start trying this month because I'm still clearing out my system, but STILL!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 04-12-2004, 10:08 AM

Yup. It used to be that I knew when my Aunt Flo was coming for a visit, because I got ill.

These days, I just get migraines.
#3 of 5 Old 04-12-2004, 11:43 AM

For a year I thought I was getting the flu right before my period every month. Turns out they were menstrual migraines- bad headache, and chills, and puking my guts out. Now if I take OTC migraine meds when I feel them coming on I am ok and never get to that stage. I am looking to eliminate them completely by natural means.
#4 of 5 Old 04-12-2004, 07:05 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Um, it sounds like ParisMaman is talking about ovulation time, not PMS.

Before I was TTC, I noticed several times that I O'd a couple of days into an illness, like flu or strep. I thought it was strange because I have very irregular (infrequent) cycles, and I'm always hearing how stress is bad for cycles, so why would I finally O just when my body is under stress?

Now I'm wondering, could the effect be the other way around? Is it because I was about to O that my immune system let down its guard a little bit so I got sick? I know that it's important not to have the immune system be overactive when the zygote is trying to implant because your body needs to be able to accept a genetically distinct organism attaching to the blood supply...so maybe the immune system purposely relaxes for that reason? Hmmm....

While TTC, I haven't gotten sick at all but have noticed a definite increase in feelings of emotional vulnerability around the time of O, which my partner is inclined to consider a form of mental illness. : It's cruelly ironic that we are more likely to get into fights and I am more likely to burst into tears, either of which makes us less likely to have sex, just when we most need to do it!

Mama to a boy EnviroKid treehugger.gif 9 years old and a new little girl EnviroBaby baby.gif!

I write about parenting, environment, cooking, and more. computergeek2.gif

#5 of 5 Old 04-27-2004, 01:10 PM

I do the same thing. I feel horrible right around ovulation time and again right before my period. I have a very hard time with bc hormones and am sick my entire pregnancies so I think i just dont handle hormone fluctuations well.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page