spotting 3dpo-5dpo - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 11-14-2011, 11:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

What does that mean? I've been "cramping" really bad for a week. I spotted the last 3 days just a spot or two of bright red blood. Only on tp when I wiped. My fluid has been creamy and dry. Dry for a couple of days and crumbly a couple of days. What does this mean?

Married to a Navy man of 12 yrs.

03/02: 11/05: 01/08: 10-18-09: 10-31-10 and 7/22/13 with twins and just found out we're pos.gif again!!chicken3.gif

cd.gifslingboy.giffamilybed1.gifwinner.jpg

m/c '97 and in '03

#2 of 5 Old 11-15-2011, 11:43 AM

Just curious... how do you know you are 3-5 dpo? Do you chart? If so can we see your chart? It would be easier to help identify the issue.

#3 of 5 Old 11-16-2011, 05:37 AM - Thread Starter

Married to a Navy man of 12 yrs.

03/02: 11/05: 01/08: 10-18-09: 10-31-10 and 7/22/13 with twins and just found out we're pos.gif again!!chicken3.gif

cd.gifslingboy.giffamilybed1.gifwinner.jpg

m/c '97 and in '03

#4 of 5 Old 11-17-2011, 08:39 AM

Actually, I think you might have ovulated later than FF put the cross hairs. Your temp didn't go up until Day 20. You probably ovulated closer to then. Maybe the cramping you've had for a week was your body trying to ovulate. The bleeding is likely due to the ovulation. I wouldn't say it's abnormal to spot during ovulation. Its usually the result of sudden drop of estrogen just before ovulation & tends to occur more often in long cycle.

#5 of 5 Old 11-20-2011, 06:42 PM

Location: Seattle, Tucson, Austin, Baltimore. Now: Urbana, IL

Well, looking at your past charts, I see that this is the first time you may have ovulated in a long time.  How far postpartum are you?  Are you breastfeeding?  If all of these things are coming into play then it is no surprise that you're having irregular cycles with difficult to interpret CF patterns, spotting, and more erratic temps.  While it's not common to bleed with O, it is one of those things that can just randomly happen one cycle and never again.  So it is possible that you O'd on CD 20.  Your temps support this better than CD 15.  While your CF doesn't line up well with CD 20, that could be attributed to breastfeeding and postpartum regulation.  However, if you did O on CD 15 then the spotting is likely caused by hormonal fluctuations- the same hormones that caused your temp to dip below the coverline (a surge in estrogen, dip in progesterone). 

So, unfortunately it's a waiting game.  I see that you've taken several HPT's.   A lot of women have to wait until 12-14 DPO to get accurate results, so if AF doesn't show within the next couple of days then I'd test again.  If you still get a BFN, then I'd assume that you O'd on CD 20 and start your counting over again.  Good luck and keep us posted! 

Mama to Avalon 1/07 waterbirth.jpg, Austin 1/10 in between uc.jpgand Avery 12/11  h20homebirth.gif
fambedsingle1.gif   femalesling.GIF   winner.jpg   cd.gif     ecbaby2.gif  novaxnocirc.gif   goorganic.jpg  

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page