Mothering Forum banner

So frustrated...

484 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  mt_gooseberry 
#1 ·
A little background. We have a 16 yo, an almost 13 yo......and an almost 20 MONTH old. ds#2 was a total surprise. We were shocked. We weren't trying. But he has been a total blessing and as soon as we had him we decided we wanted another despite our ages. We are both 42 right now....I'm turning 43 next week. And that's part of the frustration. We've been trying for at least over a year now. We had a miscarriage back in the spring...before Mother's Day. :( I was only about 7 weeks. So weve been trying ever since. I've had bloodwork done.....nothing is amiss. My periods were very irregular though after the miscarriage so I've been seeking homeopathic help for about three months now and trying the blood type diet as that has been indicated to help with fertility. So now my periods are at least more regular now. Last month was actually a totally normal one, but I think I may be getting my period just a bit early this month. All the signs are here except the actual start so I know conception hasn't occurred again. And wouldn't you know it, according to FF.com we had tried every day that week EXCEPT the actual day of ovulation. :(. DH has NOT been tested. It's a male thing....... I sort of understand but it's very frustrating to me. He said he would but hasn't. I don't know how much longer to try. I don't want to be so overwhelmed with this that I miss out on enjoying what we have. Sometimes I think I let it overtake my life (at least my mood) and other times, I'm like whatever...if it happens great, but otherwise it's just not meant to be. I guess it's the age factor that bothers me the most. I know I really really want another baby. I know right now we are both very healthy parents.....but should we be doing this lingers in my mind. I don't know what I'm seeking from all of you.....advice, empathy, just someone to vent with? But I'll take whatever I can get. Well----off to try to accomplish something today and hopefully not dwell on another month without success.

See less See more
#2 ·
Have you looked into other charting methods? Maybe Creighton, since they have such a strong medical support system for women who are trying to conceive? And since you are already working with nutrition to optimize your fertility, have you read Marilyn Shannon's Fertilty, Cycles, and Nutrition? What are your feelings about adoption? Just trying to brainstorm for you....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.