Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

whats the soonest you can test?

#2 of 5 Old 11-25-2011, 02:10 AM

A pregnancy test may let you know, one way or the other, if you are pregnant. Two main types of pregnancy tests can let you know if you're pregnant: urine tests and blood tests.  Urine tests can be done at home or in a doctor's office. Many women first choose a home pregnancy test about a week after a missed period. Home pregnancy tests are private and convenient. These products come with instructions. Follow them closely for the most accurate results. After testing, you can confirm results by seeing your doctor, who can perform even more sensitive pregnancy tests.

#3 of 5 Old 11-30-2011, 07:39 PM

You can get the super sensitive urine pregnancy tests at the store or online. I'm a little rusty but here's the basics. The issue is that they detect pregnancy hormones that have reached a certain level (25 units normally) and where your levels might be at on any particular day depends on when the embryo implanted (can occur anytime between day 6 and day 12 after ovulation) and how concentrated your urine is.

To get the most accurate results, test first thing in the morning when you haven't urinated for at least 4 hours and preferably all night. Many people will start testing at 9dpo or 10dpo but be warned, a negative doesn't mean your not pregnant, it may just not be far enough along yet.

For example, if implantation occurs on day 6, you may be able to get a positive as early as day 9 or 10. But that's pretty rare. Most people implant later (I think I read that days, 8, 9 and 10 are most common) in which case you may not get a positive until the day your period is due. With DS, I didn't get a positive until 12dpo. With DD it was 14dpo. With this baby it was 9dpo (total shock to me). Each time I had a negative test the previous day.

Mama to DS (6/07) h20homebirth.gif, DD (6/09) h20homebirth.gif, and DD (07/12) homebirth.jpg..

#4 of 5 Old 12-01-2011, 02:51 PM

These were the results I got with this last pregnancy:

Answer Test stick (can be bought at walgreens): 8 dpo
Fist response: 11dpo
EPT: 12dp0
EPT digital: 15dpo
Answer test strips: 16dpo
Doctors office test: 18dpo

dpo= days post ovulation, and I dtd the night before ovulation, so my first positive was 8 mornings after I dtd. And then I spent about $75 on pregnancy tests "just to make sure" bag.gif

Holly and David partners.gif

Adaline love.gif (3/20/10), and Charlie brokenheart.gif (1/26/12- 4/10/12) and our identical  rainbow1284.gif  twins Callie and Wendy (01/04/13)

SIDS happens. 

#5 of 5 Old 12-07-2011, 10:44 AM

Did you test yet?!?redface.gif U may get a faint bfp @ 9-11 DPO.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page