A "smeared" pregnancy test? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 12-07-2011, 05:08 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello I'm new to this site and i need some help i never been pregnant so this is new to me 

i  took a wondfo pregnancy test yesterday afternoon the one with blue handle when i put it down and walk away came back to the 5 mins time frame (it say read at 5 mins) i saw a smear of pink and a horizontal white line between it 
i know i should took the test in the morning but i could not wait that long

was this a Defective test? should i test again? my period not due til thursday or friday but Nov period was strange suppose to come on Nov 10 no show then Nov 12 have a dark brown discharge around 7 pm once ( Oct period was my first time having a very light and slow period so some blood must got stuff and turn brown ) then later on that night have light reddish bleeding only when i wipe it was not a flow and did not fill the pads and that last to Nov 13

also when the test dry it already past the 5 mins mark and saw a evap line with i got 3 with 2 different brands test 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 12-07-2011, 10:13 AM
Administrator

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)

I would test again.  

winner.jpg Adina knit.gifmama to B hearts.gif 4/06  and E baby.gif  8/13/12 (on her due date!) homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

#3 of 3 Old 12-08-2011, 10:11 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I've had Wondfos do that to me. It seems (I could be wrong) that it happens when I haven't dipped the strip long enough.Often if I see that happening I'll dip it again. Even though it says to only dip them 3 seconds on the package, I find that 5 seconds works better. (Maybe it's how I count?) I would try another test and dip it a few extra seconds.

Good luck to you!

Me + DH + DS ('07) + after a long and bumpy road, thrilled that our twin boys are finally here (DS2 & DS3, '12)

Tags
Fertility

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page