Crazy irregular bleeding. What's going on? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 01-03-2012, 10:50 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Should I be worried?  I have a 26 month old son who still nurses frequently, so I am figuring maybe my hormones are just messed up right now from that.  But I'm still concerned. 

I thought I had my first post partum period back in September or October, but now I don't know what is going on, what is a period and what isn't.  I had that episode, pretty light, lasted about the right length of time.  Then a little over a month (maybe month and a half, but I have NEVER been regular as far as timing of my period, so that part is normal for me) later, beginning of November, I thought I started my period, but it was only very light spotting for 2 days.  Then, in mid December, I had a similar episode as the first, which I considered my period.  But then I started bleeding again on Christmas, and have been bleeding off and on since then.  Sometimes it starts with bright red gush and then turns into spotting for a few days, then stops for a few days, then starts again!!! 

What is going on?????  Anyone had this happen when their periods started up again?

Thanks!

Heather, Vegan Dietitian, Wife to DH since 9-04, mom to Pepper : and mom to born 10/09
#2 of 2 Old 01-06-2012, 11:22 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I would check more into this also; are you taking any meds?  If I were you I would start charting if you haven't already.  Keep track of everything: temps, cm, spotting/bleeding, anything else that is significant to your fertility.  Try to get you know your cycle/pattern but at the very least keep good records.  It also wouldn't hurt to take a pregnancy test.  Breastfeeding will not make a period go off and on again; you are either having one or you are not.

Good luck!

Tags
Fertility

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page