Is this possible? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 01-04-2012, 08:39 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I lost at baby at 15 weeks on December 3rd. I started charting again 10 days after I gave birth. I had no really clear O date or even fertile CM. (We were actually TTA, sort of, but I never really had signs of returning fertility) My chart is posted here.  The spotting I had was something new for me, but it was more brown spotting (like old blood left from the D&C I had after the birth), so I didn't think anything of it. But....I haven't started a new cycle yet. So on a whim I took a pregnancy test this morning. It was glaringly positive. In fact, I got the positive line before the control ever came up. I'm wondering if it's really possible to be pregnant now or if it's residual HCG left from the loss. Thoughts? I have no idea what is going on with my body. I plan on calling my doctor this afternoon, but don't want to get my hopes up. 

Wife to a wonderful husband, mom to 5 amazing boys, 2 m/c and Knox Cornelius our 5th son born at 15weeks 12/3/2011, Lillian Faith our 1st daughter, born at 14 weeks May 19, 2012 (Turner Syndrome). 

#2 of 6 Old 01-06-2012, 11:01 AM

I do know that a woman is usually very fertile after a miscarriage and why couldn't it be possible?  You had a clear temp shift.  The only thing I was wondering is that it was kind of early to test.  Hoping you know the result that is best for you and your family right now.  I'm sorry for the loss you had.

From a fellow homeschooler! thumb.gif

#3 of 6 Old 01-06-2012, 11:47 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for your response. :) I've read a lot of conflicting reports about hcg levels after a loss like mine, but I would *think* since I had a D&C that the hcg would drop fairly quickly. I've decided to wait until next week and take another test to see if it's still positive and then I'll call the midwife or doc. :) I guess I'll wait and see. For now my temperatures are still up, so who knows. 

Wife to a wonderful husband, mom to 5 amazing boys, 2 m/c and Knox Cornelius our 5th son born at 15weeks 12/3/2011, Lillian Faith our 1st daughter, born at 14 weeks May 19, 2012 (Turner Syndrome). 

#4 of 6 Old 01-06-2012, 06:04 PM

I am very sorry for the loss of your son.  Hugs.

It's very possible. I think it's extremely unlikely that you still have enough hcg left from your previous pregnancy to turn an hpt positive.  Rooting for you!

Certified Crazy™ Wife to my Spiderman husband luxlove.gif(Aug '01)

Super proud Momma  to DD (Jan'00), DD (Apr '02) and DS (Jun '04)

Always loving and missing our Baby James angel.gif born sleeping at 19 weeks (July '03).

signcirc1.gif

#5 of 6 Old 01-07-2012, 02:13 PM

I'm very sorry for your loss.  I had a recent miscarriage and it took 2 months(!) for my hcg levels to go down, so it could be that too.  Although I heard levels drop faster with a dnc.  All the best to you.

#6 of 6 Old 01-08-2012, 11:43 AM - Thread Starter

Well my temp dropped and AF came yesterday. I'm guessing it was residual. Thanks for a the responses. I'm ok with it. Now I feel like I'll have a clearer picture of what's going on (as long as my cycles go back to normal).

Tags
Fertility

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page