Huge Blod Clots, Kind of Scary. What's going on??? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 01-08-2012, 08:08 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I was in bed all week with the flu and started to improve just in time for AF yesterday. I usually temp, but this last cycle I decided not to since I got way to obsessive the cycle before, which may have ended in chemical pregnancy (the BFP was very light). 

Anyways, last night I felt a gush and when I went to the bathroom, my tampon had been soaked all the way through, including the string. I changed it out and felt another gush about an hour later. That time the tampon was soaked all the way through again, and the string had a clot hanging off it. It happened again a half an hour later and this time, when I pulled out the tampon there was about a quarter size clot on the top of it.

I switched to the biggest maxi pads offered at this point, which I had to change out about an hour or hour and a half later when I went to bed.

I woke up this morning to find another huge clot, probably twice the size of the quarter sized one.

This has never happened to me and I'm kind of scared. Does anyone know what could cause this? If I went to the doctor what kind of tests would they run? I'm already really struggling with medical bills so I want to avoid more if I can. I hope this is the right place to post this.

Here's my FF chart if that gives any clues. http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2fa1ea

Me (24)photosmile2.gif & Him (25)tiphat.gif  

trying to makebabe.gifsince March '11

#2 of 2 Old 01-13-2012, 07:59 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Fnord,

How are you feeling now? Did you end up seeing a dr.?

I looked at your chart briefly, and I'm no expert (been charting on paper for a few years a la TCOYF, is the extent of my experience), but if I were you I would wonder if the chemical pregnancy hadn't gone further, and the clots were a miscarriage. Do you usually have such light periods as you had last cycle (December)?

hug2.gif

Sounds scary!

-Eunoia

Tags
Fertility

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page