OK to start vitex in early days of pregnancy? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 1 Old 02-29-2012, 05:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

So I might be pg. I am having a really odd cycle--exact day of ovulation was confusing with a sharp rise on day 14 (but I slept poorly that night so I though it was because of that), then I dropped back under the line for two days,  and then had a slow rise back up above the cover line. My peak day of cervical fluid was more in line with the first rise.  Anyway, I am now at least 16 and up to 20 days post O.  I've never had a luteal phase this long but I my LP has been increasing in length with a vit/min protocol I've been doing (but only up to 13 or 14 days).  In particular, I've been taking B6 for the week leading up to menstruation and I upped my dose this cycle to help cut down on cramping. 

To make it more confusing, I"ve been spotting (really lightly, just a stain on the TP) off and on for the last 5 days (implantation?).  My temps have been above the cover line  but not super far above and today they dropped down a little closer.  My worry is that I have low progesterone and even if I am pg, I won't be able to stay pg. We weren't trying but, I  really want this kiddo to stick around if they are in there.  Would starting Vitex help?  I've taken it before but its been a while.   I know there is conflicting advice on whether you should take vitex at all while pregnant but would it be especially bad to start after conception?

Sorry I don't have my chart to post.  Hopefully this all make sense.  Might try to get a chart up at TGYF and link to it later.

Thanks!

Tags
Fertility , Fertility Monitors

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page