Holy menstral cramps! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-14-2012, 09:47 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm not sure if this is the best place to post this...it is certainly "fertility" related...Mods please feel free to move if it should be elsewhere.

Before DS was born I had "normal" menstral cramping.  Annoying, but not super painful.  My fertility returned 15mos or so PP (delayed return due to BFing, but now quite regular although we are still BFing) and ever since (5 mos) I have had very painful menstral cramps.  I have a high pain tolerance and these are enough to keep me awake at night kind of thing. My period is also very, very heavy for the first few days and I never used to have heavy periods. 

Is this related to changes in hormones, do you all think?  Is there a way other than pain meds that I can reduce the painfulness and duration of the cramping? (Tea, herbal supps, etc.?)  My mom thought it could be endometriosis, but I'm almost 32 and have never had reason to think I have Endo before.  Anyone think I should make a Dr.s appointment?  I'm not inclined to, but will go if anyone has any experiences that would give me cause for concern.

Thanks.

N, wife to my goofball K partners.gif and mamma to my EC grad D (July 2010) and my new little love S (May 2013).  Exploring the uncharted territory of tandem nursing with my two boys.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-19-2012, 10:58 PM

Location: A state whose Medicaid does not cover circumcision! :)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I would drink red raspberry leaf tea several times per day, I had a friend who said this helped her.  Also heard of chammomile tea helping.

i've also read about getting enough magnesium and other minerals, so maybe something like Concentrace?  And eating bananas for the potassium.  Avoiding sugar, and eating a generally good diet.  I also heard of women who started using the Diva cup and that reduced their cramping?  Personally I just use organic cotton tampons and pads.

Sorry, I know I've heard of more but I've been pregnant and breastfeeding so I havent had a period in over a year so my knowledge in this area is a little rough, I'll post again if I run across anything.  I'm always doing research and I always run across things so I am sure it will happen evetually:)

Let me know if you find anything that helps you!

Old 03-20-2012, 01:47 AM

I would drink red raspberry leaf tea several times per day, I had a friend who said this helped her.  Also heard of chammomile tea helping.

Old 03-20-2012, 01:47 AM

http://www.infoocean.info/avatar3.jpgI would drink red raspberry leaf tea several times per day, I had a friend who said this helped her.  Also heard of chammomile tea helping.

Tags
Fertility
User Tag List