No period after stopping the pill 6 months ago :( HELP. - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 04-01-2012, 04:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I stopped the birth control pill last August.. and my normal menstrual cycle followed a few days later. I had been on the pill for almost 5 years so I figured it was time to give it a break. I noticed that month after month would come and go by and there was no period.. I took pregnancy test after test.. and I wasn't pregnant. Finally after about 4 months with no period I went into the doc and they ran some tests on me. All of the tests came back normal.. and she said after I hit the 6 month mark to just come back in so they can do an ultra-sound.. but I have no insurance. I haven't taken a pregnancy test for a while.. maybe a month.. and I did have some spotting for the first time about a week ago. I'm really confused.. but I don't think I'm pregnant. My doctor said that missing periods like this after the pill is abnormal but I keep seeing lots of women saying it's happened to them before. Does anyone have any advice, or any experience with something like this? I'm tired of waiting. I know it sounds weird but I just want to get my period! 

#2 of 2 Old 04-02-2012, 09:24 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I didn't have this problem coming off the pill but I did have it coming off of the depo shot. I didn't have a period for nine months and I was not pregnant! If I was you I would follow up with my doctor.

~Patti~ rainbow1284.gifMomma to three girls and three boys chicken3.gif, First mother to one girl triadadopt.jpg

Certified, card carrying member of the IEP Binder Clubkid.gif  

Tags
Fertility

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page