I have the same question: is this about your cycle, or where/how in your life you should try to get pregnant?
If it's the latter, here are some thoughts:
- half of pregnancies are planned.
- talk with your partner about your plans as co-parents.
- see your doctor or midwife for a pre-conception check-up.
- discuss any prescription medications you are taking and consider replacing them with ones that are safe for pregnancy
- discuss any concerns you may have about genetic conditions in your family - consider genetic testing or counselling
- talk about taking folic acid, vitamin D and calcium
- have your iron levels checked
- update your vaccinations - Mumps, measles and Rubella (MMR) and Tetanus, if you’re due for a booster.
- get dental work out of the way before becoming pregnant (few complications and restrictions if you're not pregnant)
- try to stop smoking if you smoke.
- stop drinking alcohol, or taking recreational drugs - if you do.
- limit your intake of salt and caffeine (note that caffeine withdrawal can be a big deal and moreso if you're pregnant).
- assess what your exposure to workplace and environmental toxins is like
- start or continue to be physically active (yoga, swimming, hiking)
I found this page was handy in walking through those steps: http://www.motheringtouch.ca/pregnancy/0th-trimester
|60 members and 24,293 guests|
|a-sorta-fairytale , agentofchaos , bananabee , Choochoo52812 , cjcj1 , Daffodil , Deborah , Dovenoir , emilynicole2295 , happymamasallie , hellodub , hillymum , incorrigible , JElaineB , joandsarah77 , justsamma , katelove , kathymuggle , Kelleybug , Kinterest , lilmissgiggles , mamabear0314 , manyhatsmom , marsupial-mom , MDoc , MeanVeggie , Mirzam , moominmamma , MountainMamaGC , mumto1 , NaturallyKait , newmamalizzy , NuzzleNudge , Oceanone , philomom , RollerCoasterMama , rubelin , SchoolmarmDE , seap3 , shantimama , Shmootzi , Skippy918 , sofreshsoclean , solanamama1 , Springshowers , sren , stephalittle , thefragile7393 , tifga , Turquesa , womanlyhips , Xerxella|
|Most users ever online was 449,755, 06-25-2014 at 12:21 PM.|